PDA

View Full Version : MOT fail

Philsutton
19-10-03, 05:10 PM
I had to laugh when i found out what my car failed on. Last year i went to the same place and a problem last year was the sunstrip which they cut down to legal requirementlast time. Went to them again a they said that it was completly illegal. But they cut so it was illegal last year?
The the other thing that it failed on was the suspension :lol: its only been on bout 10 months but they said that there was no travel in the suspension when pressed down, well yeah its susposed to be plus the key for the shocks is in the car so they can wind it down so it goes spongy. Just thought it was rather funny that i failed the MOT cos the suspension its to stiff.
phil

skud52
19-10-03, 06:12 PM
thats ruff novas for ya

Philsutton
19-10-03, 06:26 PM
no that wasnt them that was the MOT garage, ah i see the sawley cruise signature is the same as mine :lol:

Philsutton
19-10-03, 06:26 PM
ooooh its got my car on

Nova_boy_69
20-10-03, 11:19 AM
my car failed on the sunstrip to, theres nufing you can do. It depends where you go someplaces might pass it, but the law sez the wipers cant touch the sunstrip. I duno how they can fail the suspension dats bollox mate, they mite be tryin to rip you off.

Will
20-10-03, 11:42 AM
sunstrips are gay but they can touch the wipers if they comply to the following......

1. the top of the area that is wiped is no more than 40mm from the top of the screen (so basically no point, lol)

2. if the sunstrip is clear, u can see its a tinting device and if u can see thru it shud be fine.

3. get mini or metro wiper blades that dotn touch it more than 40mm, lmfao

4. take it to a mot tester that doesnt give a shit after all, he knows if u take it off when u get your ticket ur prob gona put another one back on!!

5. take it off, leave it off and save all the hassle and buy some neons, lmfao

Mark
20-10-03, 11:50 AM
You calling me Gay???

You coming Sunday!!

Ste_Nova
20-10-03, 11:52 AM
go to a propper mot place... one that only checks the brakes and ball joints...

SKoob
20-10-03, 11:54 AM
"get some neons" lmfao :lol:

Philsutton
20-10-03, 12:54 PM
well just got back from the garage an its been failed again on very gay things, getting rather pissed off now. think this guy hates my car 4 some reason. yeah i think i might take it some where else next time.

Wiggie
20-10-03, 01:08 PM
go to a propper mot place... one that only checks the brakes and ball joints...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i need to know where theres places like that!

wigz

Mark
20-10-03, 01:23 PM
What did they fail it on this time?

Philsutton
20-10-03, 01:50 PM
its had to have two brand new headlights as they said the ones i had didnt have any pattern or something like that. the same headlights that iva had for two years now an had no trouble with, loads of crap stuff like wheel bearings an handbrake, but of course he didnt notice any of these first time round.

Will
20-10-03, 02:21 PM
emark i guess

all nova headlights shud have them

if not get some from a scrappy for ?5 them swap over, any will do....

my advice take it sumwhere else, not all mot testers are nice, some are moody and hate boy racer types u see :P

Philsutton
20-10-03, 02:33 PM
my advice take it sumwhere else, not all mot testers are nice, some are moody and hate boy racer types u see

i think i already found that out my self

Aragorn
20-10-03, 03:13 PM
assuming u returned the car to them within 24hrs of the first test and it was only the sunstrip that was wrong with it they CANT add more things since they only retest what it failed on originally

theres a listing on the back of the fail sheet that tells you the full details mate - check it out and will be good refrence for the future

Jon_nova1
20-10-03, 04:30 PM
1. the top of the area that is wiped is no more than 40mm from the top of the screen (so basically no point, lol)

I thought it was 10mm

Will
20-10-03, 04:35 PM
40mm

Jon_nova1
20-10-03, 04:46 PM
i used to work in an MOT station and we had to read all that s*** up, but maybe they relaxed it at the same time they put MOT prices up lol

Will
20-10-03, 04:47 PM
10mm is 1cm, lmfao at the pointlessness

40mm is still 99% pointless but with smaller blades means u can get a fair distance downt the screen

i am in the process of desiging a neon sunstrip that will be legal :D

Jon_nova1
20-10-03, 04:50 PM
now that's something you can't get f***ed for

Philsutton
21-10-03, 11:36 AM
it was longer than 24 hours as it had lots of work 2 be done to it to get it through.

skud52
22-10-03, 05:21 PM
assuming u returned the car to them within 24hrs of the first test and it was only the sunstrip that was wrong with it they CANT add more things since they only retest what it failed on originally

theres a listing on the back of the fail sheet that tells you the full details mate - check it out and will be good refrence for the future

Phil thats why he wouldn't do it the day after :!: