PDA

View Full Version : ICE question....

Anonymous
26-02-01, 05:36 PM
B4 you say this should be on the ICE forum I know, but no one seems to visit that as much....:)
Could someone tell me if this is right or not please....
If I plug my 2 subs into one set of + and - points on my amp, and then run some 6x9s on the other set of points for the 6x9s, then it would sound more powerfull then just running the two subs from the amp right?!...
I've been told it would improve sound by at least 70%, but will it really do that?
(Its a 2 channel amp by the way)

Thanks for any advice, and sorry for posting it on the wrong forum.

Anonymous
26-02-01, 05:49 PM
it dont work quite like that. Wire up the 6x9`s like normal. one to each channel. Then bridge the subs accross the two, by connectin both to a + from one side and the - on the other. It should be marked which ones. Make sure your amp is good though, and preferably 1 amp stable, otherwise you wont get much power, and you could burn it out. Yes this should be in the ICE section. People that are interested in ICE will visit that forum! ;)

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
26-02-01, 05:53 PM
Its only a 300W Boschman amp, but its coping quite well so far, so should be ok.

Anonymous
26-02-01, 09:18 PM
i had 2 of them boschmann amps they were kinda crap, 300w max not rms, so i got miself one of them alpine v12's 600w....WAHAY!!! wat a difference, powering a 12" 600w sub..nice :D

Anonymous
27-02-01, 01:05 AM
u know the script! X-(
from very soon these posts will be getting deleted with no warning, why did kev spend loads of his time setting different forums up?

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D
[burn_ford] <-- best thing for them!

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
27-02-01, 09:23 AM
mc you mean 1ohm stable dont ya :D

I AM CORNHOILIO

Anonymous
27-02-01, 11:11 AM
doh! yeah, I type quicker than my brain can think! lol! :'>

Anonymous
27-02-01, 11:43 AM
Ok, but will this affect the performance of the subs?

Anonymous
27-02-01, 11:54 AM
I used to swear by LOngmill Puritan`s, only something like 65watts RMS per channel, but it was 1ohm stable, so if used correctly, it was somint silly like 800w chucked out! You could run 16 speakers off of a 2-channel amp!
Only downfall was it got really hot. This was one of the best amps I`ve ever used (and I`ve used plenty), nothing flash, just a silver block! :D

Anonymous
27-02-01, 12:04 PM
Will my idea work though?

I want to cramb all 4 of my sub wires into one set of terminals on the amp, and keep the other two spare for my 6x9s........
Will this work or not?

Its a 2 channel amp, and I've got midrange in the front, 6x9s on shelf and 300w amp and twin sub in boot.....

Will that amp be powerfull enough to power the subs as well as the 6x9s, or will I loose a lot of bass doing it that way??

Thanks,

Cris Gonzalez

Anonymous
27-02-01, 01:09 PM
I dont know, coz I`m not familiar with your amp. If you are gonna do it like that, run a lead fron the sub to some kind of distribution block, otherwise if you are using the correct diameter cable, there will be too much for the little terminals to cope with.

Anonymous
27-02-01, 03:44 PM
it needs 2 be 6ohm stable 2 pull that off. My 2 channel amp has 4 6x9's off it and its only a 280w thing but it sounds alot better coz it pushes out more power

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!