PDA

View Full Version : Twin webers, is it all hype?

SKoob
18-10-03, 01:44 PM
i have seen some twin weber 40's on ebay and the inlet manifold on ebay and i am tempted to buy them, I'm running a 1.3SR with a weber 32/24 at the moment will I notice a big difference in performance?

Mark
18-10-03, 01:48 PM
Properly set up weber's are mental, the noise, the power and for the money you will find it hard to get as much increase from anything else..

Philsutton
18-10-03, 02:35 PM
i hope so, should have got mine back 2day with the 40's on but they cant do the MOT till monday so i have to wait :(

Jim
18-10-03, 09:56 PM
YES!!!

They are definatley worth it. Make sure you get work done to your head to get the most out of the 40's.

With a well set up 1.3 on Twin 40's with relevant head work you should be able to beat Standard Gte's/Gsi's.

Jim

Jules
19-10-03, 09:03 PM
i have seen some twin weber 40's on ebay and the inlet manifold on ebay and i am tempted to buy them, I'm running a 1.3SR with a weber 32/24 at the moment will I notice a big difference in performance?

^^ Obvisouly never been in a car or seen / heard a car with twin 40's!!!

Yes they are worth it, I used to turn my stereo off so I could hear them!!

jkhilton
19-10-03, 10:53 PM
The sound alone is worth the money!! When I was down in MK, most nights I would get a lift back in Slims car, when he put his foot down in it(and took out little fluffy animals! ;) but that's a different story!lmao) you get pushed into your seat and the noise sounds like a small plane taking off!! FANTASTIC!!!!

Slatter
19-10-03, 11:00 PM
Im missing mine already :cry: :cry:

put them on and listen to noise ...
then have head work done and listen to noise......

it amazing wot flowing it does to the way they sound !

mrtim
20-10-03, 07:34 PM
***awesome***

Jim
20-10-03, 08:51 PM
Im missing mine already :cry: :cry:

put them on and listen to noise ...
then have head work done and listen to noise......

it amazing wot flowing it does to the way they sound !

HAHAA!!!! I hope you miss them so much you go back to having them on a small block engine..."Mr. I need a big block" :P

Jim

P.S. You coming to Bristol you big girl? :P

Slatter
21-10-03, 10:37 PM
well jim im only have a big block in my proper car :lol: :lol:

I can assure you i will be having another car next year with a carbs on again.... there also wont be too muc to this car :twisted: :twisted:

U lot better watch out !

Oh and yes im almost sure im coming to Bristol .... dunno wot in yet .. cars waiting for respray, vans clutch is slipping :S

So it looks like i will be borrowing nova gsi or calibra off a mate hopefully !!

Slatter