PDA

View Full Version : What fuel when rolling roading

nova dosed
17-10-03, 04:58 PM
I shud finally be getting me vernieer pully next week after months of not been able to get 1 when i take it for rolling road tune wud i be best sticking in normal unleaded or putting in optimax?

I have to run it on Optimax now or it pinks so i was wondering if he tunes it on normal stuff then i can swap between 2 but if i av it tuned on Optimax i will inly be able to run it on that as the timin will be more advanced.

What u think?

peester
17-10-03, 06:24 PM
up to you whether you think optimax is worth sticking with, i.e it is that much better than normal unleaded. cos once its been set-up on noraml unleaded you don't need optimax because its pinking, only prehaps because its that much a better fuel -if you get my drift.
advantages of optimax? not sure - i run mine on it at mo since having head B+'ed @ blydenstein but if i swap my octane plug to 98 it runs shite so i leave it on 95. kinda pointless really. not sure if youre engine has the octane plug thou. someone else is bound to join in and help out soon

nova dosed
17-10-03, 08:04 PM
no i dont have the octane plug well not that im aware of my car is quicker on optimax and it feels better i can say i have noticed a diff but i was just wondering which it shud be tuned on as its not ECU so it wont adjust its self etc

Ben
17-10-03, 09:57 PM
For the rolling road use whatever you would normally as they are setting up your car for you to use, so if they set it up using optimax and you use standard petrol then it will be running lean.

Tazzy
18-10-03, 01:53 AM
sorry, just a quick question, im a bit of a thick sh!t! what do you mean by 'pinking'?

cheerz!

nova dosed
18-10-03, 02:20 AM
the defination was spelt out a few months ago on here was quite a good1 to pinking is basically not good for car its defined as sumet like pre detenation of the fuel as the timing is not igniting the fuel at the right time it can f**k up ya engine

SKoob
18-10-03, 01:47 PM
if its pinking use a different colour fuel :lol: i know its a crap joke lol

Tazzy
18-10-03, 02:27 PM
:| :roll:

nova dosed
18-10-03, 06:51 PM
ih dear lol