PDA

View Full Version : hwo to pop

DEE'S NOVA
17-10-03, 01:18 PM
the bonnet as the latch thing in the cab is broke and the guy that worked on the car done it with a screw driver throught the grill how do you do this?

Ste_Nova
17-10-03, 01:20 PM
sorry can't tell you peeps might use it as a method of breaking in

DEE'S NOVA
21-10-03, 10:25 AM
not even in a pm i'll take piccies to show it's broke

Dicko
21-10-03, 12:14 PM
so is the cable still connected inside its just the lever thats broke?

that happened to mine and i hadto use 2 pairs of pliers and pivot 1 off the other whilst gripping the cable

Aragorn
21-10-03, 12:35 PM
take a long hard look at the mechanism thru the grill/bumper louvers and u should work it out

just a spung bar holding it down

DEE'S NOVA
21-10-03, 02:10 PM
what you mean connect inside ?it's attached to the plastic handle yeah but no matter how hard i try to pull the lever it wont pop.

is it just a normal screw that holds it to the side of the foot well?or have you got to buy from vaux

geordie_racer
21-10-03, 03:34 PM
what he means by inside is if you look at the top of the release handle you will see where the cable connects/should be, can you still see the cable? if so grab it and pull for all your worth if you cant c it, then as ste says look through the grill and you'll c how the mechanism works easy enuff and should be able to do it with a screwdriver

chris

DEE'S NOVA
21-10-03, 03:50 PM
tried with a screw driver the other day could'nt do it but i'll give it another go
where do you get the screws from

and i just reliesed it should behow to spell

geordie_racer
21-10-03, 04:04 PM
quick apology i quoted aragorns advice as being from ste.

dee its not hugely difficult to do really should be something every1 no's considerin the amount of bonnets in scrapyards that won't open :roll:

chris

Stuart
21-10-03, 04:41 PM
my bonnet sticks a lot, what i do is pull the lever and while holding the lever pulled, i gently "tap" the bonnet corner with a fist. no damage is done and it opens :)

Will
21-10-03, 05:21 PM
try getting sum1 to push down on the bonnet when u pull the lever, keep the lever pulled up they release the pressure they are pushng down and it should come up, then u can adjust it so u can do it without some1 pushing down :wink:

Aragorn
21-10-03, 09:38 PM
unless the cable has snapped in which case he'll need to open it from the spring...