PDA

View Full Version : Problem

linzTDI
17-10-03, 01:07 PM
Right car is done and lovely.
BUT!

They have had to cut my exhaust tale pipe (standard) went to buy a nice shiny new tail pipe before and cant find one what will fit in the hole but the bumper is sitting too high.
Right heres a quick diagram i did on paint brush so you get the just of it. sorry if it is really big. Its making my bumper go black at that part too off all the shit out of exhaust

http://www.wisew.co.uk/linz/uploads/abyss.bmp

wisewood
17-10-03, 01:14 PM
take it into an exhaust place and see if they can sort something out for you. must be something can be done.

Ste_Nova
17-10-03, 01:15 PM
lift the exhaust with a smaller rubber then weld on the required tailpipe

linzTDI
17-10-03, 01:17 PM
what do you mean life the exhaust with a smaller rubber??? i dont understand.
The other side is meshed and i wanted a nice shiny tail pipe in that one can it be bent in any way

Ste_Nova
17-10-03, 01:31 PM
put a smaller rubber on the exhaust hanger to lift it higher

linzTDI
17-10-03, 01:32 PM
:o i dont know things like that

Barn
17-10-03, 03:15 PM
Linz...if you have a look at the backbox on your car you should be able to see a small black rubber (at the top somewhere, prob have to get under htere with a torch or you can feel for it).
The rubber has holes in it....one hole slots onto a metal bracket coming off your backbox and the other hole slots onto another little metal bracket on your car. Thats what holds you exhaust up and stops it dragging on the floor! Depending on how far these holes are apart depends on how high/low your exhaust hangs on the car....if you get a smaller rubber it will sit higher and then should fit thru the hole in your bumber.
*gasps for air*
lol, right hope that explains it for ya Linz :wink:

linzTDI
17-10-03, 03:31 PM
hmm will se my uncle(mechanic) see what he suggests by the way does any one know what size tail pipe will fit in an abyss air hole?

blingmachine
17-10-03, 07:20 PM
3" is the biggest tail pipe that you can fit without cutting the bumper.
i got pissed off and cut the shit outta mine :lol:
still looks ok though :)