PDA

View Full Version : any ideas?

nova---chris
17-10-03, 10:37 AM
Basically someone in my house keeps getting calls from some other mobile. we are trying to trace down more info !
i have all the numbers at hand. as anyone any info how i can trace the owners of this mobile/number??

jkhilton
17-10-03, 10:48 AM
you could find a site that sends out SMS messages(lycos etc.). register with the site using this number of the phone that is calling you and most of them will then come up with a question about which network it is or sometimes they will automatically know which network it is on. Then all you have to do is phone the network and make a complaint about the person calling and they will be banned from phoning your number.
I doubt you will get to know who it was though.

wisewood
17-10-03, 11:18 AM
i'm not 100% on this but i think if you contact your own network and explain what is happening you can have a number blocked so that they cannot call you.

As i said, not certain but i think you can - although they'd probably charge for it. The data protection act would prevent anyone from telling you whoa phone was registered to etc, and PAYG sims dont even need to be registered most of the time anyway.

Ste_Nova
17-10-03, 11:22 AM
just post on here and will will call/txt bomb it.... or post it in dodgy chat rooms

jkhilton
17-10-03, 11:40 AM
If it is someone pi55ing you off, do what Ste said, but also get the number barred from calling you.