PDA

View Full Version : Another Nova bites the dust!

Puntobabe
17-10-03, 10:36 AM
Well my ickle Nova runaround has just been written off.

That car has caused me more hassle than it's bl00dy worth.

So if anyone knows of an extremely cheap runaround (pref nr Luton area, doesnt have to be a vauxhall) then please let me know, just need something untill the Punto is outta the bodyshop.

broony
17-10-03, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear bout the nova!

jkhilton
17-10-03, 10:44 AM
how was it written off? did you have a crash in it? or have I missed another post explaining all this!! :? :?

Puntobabe
17-10-03, 10:48 AM
how was it written off? did you have a crash in it? or have I missed another post explaining all this!! :? :?

Yeah, it was an accident...

Round where I live there are loads of crossroads, and parking is really bad that people always park right on the corners etc. I stoped at a crossroads, looked both ways, couldnt see anything coming cause of parked cars blocking the way, edged and and that was when she hit me. Knocked me flying. She was going over the speed limit, but it'll still go down as my fault, as technically I pulled out in front of her.

broony
17-10-03, 10:54 AM
Thats harsh!

linzTDI
17-10-03, 11:00 AM
Ooops :lol:

Jim
17-10-03, 11:02 AM
Ooops :lol:

Theres no need for the Laughing smiley Linz.

Jim

linzTDI
17-10-03, 11:03 AM
Sorry was meant to click the one above :(

Puntobabe
17-10-03, 11:33 AM
Oh well, might have some nova parts going over the next month, will have to get someone who nows more about them to come look and see whats worth taking off it to sell before I get the council to take it away.

jkhilton
17-10-03, 11:38 AM
I take it noone was hurt? Look at it this way, you probably have to drive that route quite often, be thankful that it wasn't in your punto!!

Puntobabe
17-10-03, 11:48 AM
no, no one was hurt.

I never used to go that way to work, but changed to that route cause of a horrible, dangerous turning on a hill (worse than the junction the accident was at)

jkhilton
17-10-03, 11:51 AM
sounds familiar! The day I crashed my GSi I went a route to my brothers that I never normally take because of traffic. It's a pain in the arse, but shit happens, I was gutted as that was the only car I didn't ever have any major problems with!!! and I crashed the bloody thing!!! doh!!
:roll:

wisewood
17-10-03, 12:01 PM
same when i lost my no claims driving into the back of a reliant robin. :lol:

big traffic que at a roundabout so i took the shortcut through asda car park and out the other side bypassing the roundabout. Would have been quicker, easier and cheaper to stay in the traffic that day.

Breeny
17-10-03, 12:21 PM
doh! :(

More or less the same as what I did in my paxo about 4 years ago... at a crossroads with a blind corner, but I pulled right out.. car came round the corner 60+ and hit me :cry:

Found anymore bodyshops for the Puntoo yet?

Puntobabe
17-10-03, 01:14 PM
doh! :(

More or less the same as what I did in my paxo about 4 years ago... at a crossroads with a blind corner, but I pulled right out.. car came round the corner 60+ and hit me :cry:

Found anymore bodyshops for the Puntoo yet?

had a couple of peeps mention places, but Tom's one seems best so far

Breeny
17-10-03, 02:38 PM
Told ya :p

Judging by all there other work, they'll do a really good job. :)

peester
17-10-03, 06:33 PM
it was nova meant to be. look on www.findit.co.uk for some cheap motors.
try another run about; how long does you run about need to last roughly?

srs1
17-10-03, 06:38 PM
i know this may sound mad but you can do this.
if another car is parked within 10 feet of a junction then, you can get your insurance to claim off theres. as it was there car that caused you to crash.
my mate had an accident and the person who hit him claimed off the pub. this was cause they did not give a good view. the hedge was cut the next week. sounds mad, but it could help keep your claims. cant hurt to ask!

Puntobabe
17-10-03, 08:01 PM
it was nova meant to be. look on www.findit.co.uk for some cheap motors.
try another run about; how long does you run about need to last roughly?

I need one for about 4 months tops (hopefully) so would pref like one with Tax and MOT thats around 6 months.

if another car is parked within 10 feet of a junction then, you can get your insurance to claim off theres. as it was there car that caused you to crash.
my mate had an accident and the person who hit him claimed off the pub. this was cause they did not give a good view. the hedge was cut the next week. sounds mad, but it could help keep your claims. cant hurt to ask!

might be worth a try, could see if the same car's there tomoz. His bloody alarm kept going off too (bloody annoying).

Mark
17-10-03, 08:06 PM
same when i lost my no claims driving into the back of a reliant robin. :lol:

That's a bit harsh, you were only doing the world a favour...one less reliant...lol

Puntobabe
21-10-03, 02:00 PM

might be worth a try, could see if the same car's there tomoz. His bloody alarm kept going off too (bloody annoying).[/quote]

Well I did go back the next day, but the parked car wasnt there :( will keep an eye open for it though.

srs1
21-10-03, 05:25 PM
just state it in your claim. see if you can push it onto the council, as they are not dealing with illegal parking.
if this was america you'd have sued them by now. this cpuntry is going the same way. so see what they say.
have your insurance said ought yet?
how was the pod?

Nova-Flair
22-10-03, 10:23 PM
:o sorry to hear about the crash. just as long as u r alright tho could have been a lot worse!

Puntobabe
27-10-03, 10:27 PM
just state it in your claim. see if you can push it onto the council, as they are not dealing with illegal parking.
if this was america you'd have sued them by now. this cpuntry is going the same way. so see what they say.
have your insurance said ought yet?
how was the pod?

doubt anything will happen about the parking round there, they've had meetings with the residents of this area about allocated parking spaces, but you had to bloody pay for them, so it never happened. For starters we'd need at least 4 spaces for our house (my stepdads work van, my mums car, my car, and a visitor space) but we'd prob get a free disabled space for my sis??

I aint heard nothing from my insurance company, but I've received a letter from hers asking me for my insurance details.

Pod was good thanks, a little cold, and a shame some people didnt make it due to cars breaking down on the m1 :( )

sorry to hear about the crash. just as long as u r alright tho could have been a lot worse!

I'm still a bit sore and achy, but I'll be ok after a while.

Jules
28-10-03, 09:58 PM
sorry to hear about the crash. just as long as u r alright tho could have been a lot worse!

I'm still a bit sore and achy, but I'll be ok after a while.

Eh, Anton or Fester hasn't popped up with some kind of "I'll rub it better for you" kind of comment?
You feeling alright you two?
:lol:

techie
29-10-03, 01:24 AM
If your interested im looking to get shot of my SEAT Ibiza, would be an ideal runabout for you.

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1134868&outx=600&oq=0

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1134869&outx=600&oq=0

Needs a few bits on it, but they could be done easily. Let me know.

Going very cheap, need space.

Anton
29-10-03, 07:18 AM
ill rub it better :wink:

Puntobabe
29-10-03, 02:12 PM
ill rub it better :wink:

only took ya 2 days :wink:

pickle
29-10-03, 02:45 PM
i also decided to take a different route hope due to very bad traffic and i got caught speeding 60 in a 30, probably get banned due to the different route.( yeah thats it, blame the route) ill soon see when my court hearing comes on the 11th on nov.

dan_mk1
29-10-03, 02:49 PM
your fault for doing 60 in a 30 then!

Dpnova
29-10-03, 02:53 PM
Hoped you have learnt a valuable lesson about speeding dont speed along roads you are unsure of, if it was a pig with a gun then sorry to hear :(

pickle
29-10-03, 03:27 PM
it was a pig with a gun i should have ran the fucker down ad had bacon for a month. well atleast he said he couldear me b4 hesaw me, that made me proud of the little nova. i think im gonna invest in a snooper though!

dan_mk1
29-10-03, 03:30 PM
mate if it was a 30 it was probably a resedential area and you shouldnt be speeding full stop, what if a school kid was to run out or summin? at 60 theres no chance of anyone surviving if you hit em, its people like you who give nova drivers a bad name! :evil:

rant over!

Ste_Nova
29-10-03, 03:34 PM
its people like you who give nova drivers a bad name! :evil:

:lol:
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2408

pickle
29-10-03, 03:38 PM
i was speeding to a job interview and i ws late, it was a open stretch and there were no kids about, its just the fat bastard pig on a bike was bored. i needed th fucking job mate. and how the uck do i give nova driver a bad name, i look after my car and dont hammer it round the streets like the druggie bastards do with stolen novas. it was once in a blue moon and i got caught, so u say u drive like a granny. i dont think so......

dan_mk1
29-10-03, 03:43 PM
i was speeding to a job interview and i ws late, it was a open stretch and there were no kids about, its just the fat ba***d pig on a bike was bored. i needed th fcuking job mate. and how the uck do i give nova driver a bad name, i look after my car and dont hammer it round the streets like the druggie ba***d do with stolen novas. it was once in a blue moon and i got caught, so u say u drive like a granny. i dont think so......

i aint saying i drive like a granny, im just saying theres a time and a place for it! ie not in the middle of the day in a 30!

Puntobabe
30-10-03, 01:21 PM
oi, stop arguing on my thread :wink:

Dpnova
30-10-03, 01:23 PM
Thats it you stick up for your thread, theres been lots of arguing latly come to think of it. This thread will probably be locked soon.

Puntobabe
30-10-03, 01:26 PM
:o no, dont close my thread

btw, if anyone wants parts off the nova, or to buy the nova for scraps etc, let me know, have a month till the road tax runs out and then i'll get the council to take away whatevers left

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82681

Breeny
30-10-03, 01:29 PM
Arguing always happens when a woman posts on a thread.. dunno why :lol:

Dpnova
30-10-03, 01:30 PM
People trying to impress the lady

Puntobabe
30-10-03, 01:31 PM
well men arguing and being tw@ts dont impress me, so they might as well stop now

srs1
30-10-03, 05:31 PM
yeah so stop it, i'm getting a headache. :lol: :lol:

bad luck pickle, it prob is going to be a ban. anything over 10% over the speed limit and they start getting nasty.
100% over the speed limit in a residential area and i think they're gonna burn your license infront of you and cook marsh mellows off it as you cry.
my advice seek a solicitor, (cost me around ?130, in guildford) and see what they come up with.
ps
dont take your car to court. cause you'll be walking home!