PDA

View Full Version : Sealing up a sunroof

JonL
16-10-03, 07:29 PM
I have a sunroof in my GTE and having seen the size of mechanism, it would appear its alot of unnecessary weight, plus i am looking at a roll cage that isn't for a nova with a sunroof, so i was wondering is there anyway of sealing it off by just leaving the glass in place?

Cheers

Ste_Nova
16-10-03, 09:42 PM
you can cut the rear section off then the cage will fit and you will have a tilt only roof

ade
16-10-03, 10:45 PM
not too sure how stable it would be with sealed in glass. You'd need a metal surround or some sort. The roll back sun roof is pretty big - bigger than the straight forward tilt up version which could have been modded and would have been perfect.

You could remove the sunroof altogether, weld a plate over the hole, then pour a thin layer of resininto the dip, allow it to settle then smooth back.

You may see a faint line but with enough prep and some primer filler it should be virtually invisible...to the average bloke on the street...

Would mean respraying the roof mind

Ade

rgv_stu
17-10-03, 12:44 PM
the sunroof is ok if cut down like steve said.
what i did originally is take the whole sunroof out then get the glass piece and fit it using some brackets back in the hole. then i got fed up of it leaking so i ditched it and fitted a sheet of aliminium across the hole. it dont look pretty but it suits me :)