PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v probs

so1o
16-10-03, 03:45 PM
i have a problem with my valver, basically when i floor the car it sort of jerks, not big jerks but little minor ones, like petrols not feeding through quick enuff, engine temp doesnt matter, it happens whens its cold and happens whens engines warmed up.. Mostly happens above 40+ why is this?could clogged up injectors be a problem or is it something else?

Chris
16-10-03, 03:49 PM
i have the same problem with mine. usually under 2000rpm if you plant it the thing misses a couple of times, then takes off?

so1o
16-10-03, 04:24 PM
yup thats what i mean lmao, but mine occurs near enuff throughout the rev range, it doesnt hold back as such just gives tiny little hold backs if you know what i mean.

mikeredtop
16-10-03, 07:51 PM
make sure no air is gettin into the inlet after the air flow meter, check the throttle pot give it a clean..

jim sri
17-10-03, 11:38 AM
have you tried reading the fault codes (if any), could be one of the engine sensors on the way out...

so1o
17-10-03, 03:05 PM
i never had this problem before, it started a couple of days ago when i serviced my car, has that got anything to do with it?leads are on right, sparkplugs are in properly etc etc, so what happened?

jim sri
17-10-03, 06:00 PM
check the spark plug gaps are correct. check the sensor into the dizzy is plugged in.
failing that, retrace what you touched when you serviced and make sure everything is plugged in correctly etc.