PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my GSi!

LregNovagsi
16-10-03, 02:55 PM
Hi, i have a GSi and have had a problem with it for a few months. When i am in low revs and put my foot down it misses quite violently,(2000 or under) but then clears. My dad owns a garage and has tried numerous things, but because i'm not a paying customer he can't be bothered anymore! LOL
I have just read novaman123's problem with his gsi and i'm going to take a look at the plug this weekend to see if it's perished which could be causing the problem, but has anyone any other ideas? I just overcome the problem now by never putting my foot down unless i've built the speed up slowly!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Jules
16-10-03, 07:12 PM
Mine has a habit of doing something similar but not as bad, if I slow down to a junction and without coming to a complete stop start to pull away, it sometimes 'hestiates' and is a bit rough for a second until the revs increase a little and then it's fine.

When it gets worse I'll look into it more but at the moment it doesn't do it very often so I'm not too bothered by it.

mikeredtop
16-10-03, 07:43 PM
just give it good service it'l be fine change all plugs

MC
17-10-03, 09:25 AM
Like already said, most missfires are normally plug, lead or distributor related. If there is still a problem after that, the throttle position sensor sometimes plays up, and they normally wear out at low throttle positions and are ok at full throttle.

I'd definately change your plugs, rotar arm and cap first though.

MC

LregNovagsi
17-10-03, 11:47 AM
I had a full service when the problem started and my dad changed all the parts which he thought it could be. I'll take a look at the plug this weekend and hopefully that will be the problem!
Thanks for your help.

gtiller
17-10-03, 06:38 PM
definatley sounds electrical

my gsi was hesitant exactly like this when i bought it...

... it had also just had a full service!

Turns out that the HT leads were changed, but they put the wrong ones on.

- i have got the pin type coil and dizzy cap, and the garage put the normal bullet type leads on.

Replaced the leads - now runs sweets as a nut!