PDA

View Full Version : wilwoods to be or not to be

let turbo
15-10-03, 03:38 PM
hi guys sorting out the breaks at the mo in prep for the let lump and not sure wot front breaks to use 280mm v6 jobs or 280mm wilwood dynalites sum ppl have warned me against the wilwoods saying they aint that gud cud do wif abit of help as i really like the look of the wilwoods behined the wheels cheers lads :D

novavalve
15-10-03, 06:25 PM
Ive got wilwoods mate and i would deffo recomend them, you have to push the pedal quite hard to get them to work well but i think that may be that the gte master cylinder and servo isnt really big enough. They also look excellent behind your wheels. check mine out: http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1133

Jim
15-10-03, 06:58 PM
Whats the price difference between V6 brakes and Wilwood ones? Depends how much you have to play with.

Hmm, pressing hard might be becasue your Master Cylinder and Servo are knackered, or the brakes need bleeding? I know Nova brakes aren't brilliant, but I've heard the Gte\Gsi Master Cylinder and servo set up is far better to the Sr ones :|

Jim

RJM25R
16-10-03, 08:59 AM
I've had both. if you do a lot of high speed driving the wilwoods are better at hauling you down, but they are not as efficient from cold (cos you can only get "harsh" pads for them) whereas the v6 are not as efficient at high speed but don't need to be warm to work well. You can fit std. vaux pads that have a nice "feel" to them

I live on a steep hill and when i had my wilwoods, i nearl crashed at the bottom of it first thing one morning.... Cold brakes+late for work= shooting across a (luckily) empty x-road

For normal driving i'd personally go for v6, and the pads/discs are cheaper too..... and with the wilwoods you have to have the braided lines made up., they're not "off the shelf"

But the wilwoods look 800 times better!!!!!!

Jules
16-10-03, 10:17 AM
I've got V6 brakes - no complaints with them (Also I believe Rick Marland (See post above) has some V6's for sale........)
:wink:

RJM25R
17-10-03, 09:18 AM
Nah i've left them on the shell... loads of people asked if they were for sale, but nobody wanted to pay for them......

:D

RJM25R
17-10-03, 09:18 AM
Nah i've left them on the shell... loads of people asked if they were for sale, but nobody wanted to pay for them......

:D