PDA

View Full Version : Is it a Nova or Concorde- ITS BOTH

Ben
14-10-03, 04:00 PM
It's All Nova For Concorde

A Patchway man who bought a Concorde nosecone from an online auction is facing prosecution after fitting it to the front of his car and attempting to break the land speed record on the M32. Eighteen year old Kevin Sharon, whose grandfather worked at Filton on the supersonic craft during the seventies, purchased the former British Airways Concorde nosecone for a mere ?800 after successfully bidding for it on the popular auction website eBay.

With the entire Concorde fleet being decommissioned later this month, thousands of collectors around the world have already been eyeing up sections of the planes for their own collections. But while Air France is planning to sell off sections of one of its fleet at auction by Christie?s in Paris on November 15th, British Airways currently has no plans to follow suit. "It?s not everyday you see a Vauxhall Nova SRi speeding down the M32 with a Concorde nosecone welded to the front of it.?
The Arresting Officer

So exactly how the front end of one of their most recognisable aircraft came to be up for sale on the internet in the first place is currently a question being asked at the highest level. Increasing the embarrassment further it is believed the seller mistyped the auction reserve price, missing at least one zero from the end. But under online trading laws once an item has met its reserve it must be sold. One swift credit card transaction later and a piece of Bristolian aviation history was winging its way home to North Bristol. But just two short weeks later and the Patchway boy racer was arrested on the M32 for speeding, displaying illegal number plates, possession of offensive graphics, and driving without a pilot?s licence.

Avon and Somerset Police arresting officer recalled the stop to That Be Bristle saying: ?It?s not everyday you see a Vauxhall Nova SRi speeding down the M32 with a Concorde nosecone welded to the front of it, it was quite an incredible sight. He?d done quite a good job on it mind, he even had some vinyl letters cut for the front that said ?Concorde? in a funky green font. But driving at 72mph in a 70mph zone is breaking the law, even if part of your vehicle is more accustomed to moving at supersonic speeds. To be honest it?s lucky we stopped him really because I don?t think his remould tyres would?ve held together much over eighty, then we?d be looking at having to remove a nosecone out of the roof of Tesco.?

The car/plane hybrid is currently being inspected by the Vehicle Inspectorate at their Lawrence Hill workshops to see if it complies with both Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation Authority safety standards before allowing it back onto the road. Sharon in the meantime is waiting to see if charges will be brought against him for criminal stupidity. HS

http://www.thatbebristle.co.uk/news/1003/concorde.htm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wisewood
14-10-03, 04:18 PM
LMFAO its hardly breaking any records in a 1.4 nova at 72 miles per hour is it. I mean, come on give the lad a break!!

DUNOVA.
14-10-03, 04:24 PM
lmfto How stupid is that welding a CONCORDE NOSECONE to the front of your nova!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Is there any pics of this nova :lol: :lol:

Ben
14-10-03, 04:27 PM
Just had a thought, another Novaload member lives very close ot that

Mark
14-10-03, 04:29 PM
I swear it wasn't me...... :oops:

DUNOVA.
14-10-03, 04:36 PM
It was prob ben he just want's to cover it up :lol:

Mark
14-10-03, 04:43 PM
Lol - Yeah good point!! - I will fly!!

epo
14-10-03, 06:07 PM
lol fancy using remould tyers :lol:

Tilly
14-10-03, 06:31 PM
got to give him 10/10 for numptyness. :lol:

ydg27
14-10-03, 07:39 PM
good lad!!!!
giving us nova drivers a good name
FFS a concord nosecone!

Barn
14-10-03, 08:26 PM
quality, LMAO

olly55
14-10-03, 08:44 PM
its fake.

MattyWoo
14-10-03, 09:35 PM
LMFAO its hardly breaking any records in a nova at 72 miles per hour is it. I mean, come on give the lad a break!!

quicker than mine :lol:

krobinson
14-10-03, 10:04 PM
That Be Bristle is a free satirical magazine focusing on life in and around Bristol, UK and is published on a monthly basis. All articles published on That Be Bristle are fictional and are intended solely for entertainment - in other words don't take anything we write too seriously. No article published here is intended as defamatory towards any organisation or individual mentioned in any article, we love them all, we wouldn't write about them otherwise.

FAKE!

Rick Draper
14-10-03, 10:06 PM
I bet its freaks old one! lol Rick

Barn
14-10-03, 10:17 PM
still funny tho

Ben
14-10-03, 10:36 PM
lmfao some of you really to it seriously :?:

Just a notye a hell of a lot on that site is true, look in the dictionary section, any of you ever had the misfortune of meeting me will know its spot on :!:

Mark
14-10-03, 10:58 PM
any of you ever had the misfortune of meeting me will know its spot on :!:

:lol: :lol:

locky
14-10-03, 11:24 PM
Well its a 1st of a kind mod on a nova lmao, not many left!!!!!