PDA

View Full Version : URGENT personalised plates

mikeoxford
14-10-03, 01:24 AM
i have gone on newreg.co.uk

and have tried dvla-som.co.uk the dvla site is updated and dont work basically. i am going to fone them tomorow.

is there anywhere (perhaps cheaper?) i may want to try?

new reg add VAT and other fees i think?

mikeoxford
14-10-03, 01:25 AM
what has anyone else used?

?Marty?
14-10-03, 01:29 AM
Go to DVLA themselves.

ANYONE else just buys it FROM them, and then charge you another fee on top to transfer it from dvla, as well as extra mark-up for themselves.

I buy mine from:

http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/home/

Breeny
14-10-03, 09:11 AM
If you have to ask for a reg to be published, just remember you have to add transfer fees (+vat) and VAT for the number plate on top. For example mine had a ?500 reserve, no one else bid for it so I got it for ?500... but add everything onto it and it was just over ?700.

All new registrations have to go to auction..

Most of the ones on the site inc all that gubbins.

As Marty says its probably best buying direct from dvla... the other number plate places will charge you a lot more (how else do they get there money :!: )

Jim
14-10-03, 09:14 AM
Theres this site as well.

http://www.personallyyours.co.uk/

Jim

steve-o
14-10-03, 09:38 AM
im so tempted!! they have a plate A20LXE on there
A 2.0 L XE

?250!!!!! inc transfer fees!!

bargain

steve-o
14-10-03, 09:39 AM
http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/template/images/assets/viewplate/space.gif

?Marty?
15-10-03, 01:25 AM
I prefer no plates that can be transferred onto any car you want and still dontlook outa place.

RJM25R
15-10-03, 08:35 AM
I got mine from TIGER REGISTRATIONS. I have their number if you want it, and they actively sought out my own reg of choice (RJM 25 R = RJM 2(litre) SR) my initials are still relevant when i get a new car....... but 25R won't!!

They actually RANG ME when they found the reg a couple of months later so if there's a specific plate you want to seek out, try them.....

Dicko
15-10-03, 08:45 AM
my mates got D7CKO but his nick name is Bicko and he uses the screw head to kinda change it :@ selfish w4nk3r :roll:

?Marty?
16-10-03, 03:58 AM
Why not just change your name to H445 PIS (or something) by deed poll, and thus you'll have a cheap private plate spelling your name EXACTLY?

RJM 25 R - dont really get it why people get plates that match their initials. I mean NO ONE apart from you (and maybe a FEW people) will even know. Why waste the money.

Thik it's only worth it if you actually have a word or what appears to be a word. And even then, private numberplates on the whole are gay as fuck.

One one person thinks is cool, is anothers reason to point and laugh. (With a very few exceptions).

I know someone who had a plate made up saying MONEY and stuck it on his car. Didnt even register it or anything (i.e. it was not bought or anything). The police used to just fine him ?60 and tell him to change it.

He said it was cheaper paying fines than registering one. Tho he does drive about in a Lambo. lol

Neil.
21-10-03, 02:39 AM
Just seen these few for ?250

J22 NJD - J(Reg of car) 22(2.2 engine) NJD(initails)

J22 NVA - J(Reg of car) 22(2.2 engine) NVA(Nova)

RJM25R
21-10-03, 08:28 AM
I like personal plates- although i think airfix kits are gay..... especially on 1.4 engined nova's!

Nah i'm only messing. I spend my money on a private plate marty, you spend your money on fibreglass!

Seriously, the plate was a present off my fiance as a finishing touch to my car. Looks so much better than "F486 THU" and "RFX 312W" that it had on previously but would have preferred "N1 NJA" that a local doorman has got on his YZF-R1 (it was originally on his KAWASAKI ZX-9R- A BIKE KNOWN AS THE NINJA!)

jkhilton
22-10-03, 11:53 AM
I've just found M333 JKH for my next car :) I want M3 JKH, but it isn't available according to the DVLA :(

courtenaynova
22-10-03, 12:00 PM
R5 FVN (RS FUN, on my new Ford...guesses :D )

L22 OSO (LZ ZOSO, for the Led Zep fans, on my dads Van)

808 COX (BOB COX, my name, on my Dads Merc)

Used to have... POV 17Y (POVERTY, looks good on a Merc SL :D )

NMU 5L (N MUSL) For muscle cars

We got R5 and L22 from New-reg.....good company..great aftersales service as well. Transfered within 2 weeks.

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 12:52 PM
I've just found M333 JKH for my next car :) I want M3 JKH, but it isn't available according to the DVLA :(

Registration M3 JKH
Vehicle make BMW
Model 3 SERIES 318 IS COUPE

?Marty?
23-10-03, 01:53 AM
I like personal plates- although i think airfix kits are gay..... especially on 1.4 engined nova's!

Nah i'm only messing. I spend my money on a private plate marty, you spend your money on fibreglass!

Seriously, the plate was a present off my fiance as a finishing touch to my car. Looks so much better than "F486 THU" and "RFX 312W" that it had on previously but would have preferred "N1 NJA" that a local doorman has got on his YZF-R1 (it was originally on his KAWASAKI ZX-9R- A BIKE KNOWN AS THE NINJA!)

ooooh, handbags!! :lol:

I spend my money on allsorts of things, not just fiberglass. And yes, my car IS a 1.4, but it doesn't mean that it will stay like that. Everything comes from somehwere. 1.4 engined now, airfix kitted and valver engined tomorrow. lol

I've ridden a ZX 9-R and it's fuckin FAST!!! Nearly pulled my arms out the sockets at acceleration! lol

Anyway, my point is that i personally think that private numberplates are very sad and pathetic. And so do a lot of other people too. BUT numberplates themselves are even worse! I mean all those random letters and numbers mounted on bright yellow plastic (white on front) look so fucking SHIT!!! So the private numbeplates in that case are a better alternative i suppose, as you can have something less 'cluttered'.

My point about initials is that it's only PRIVATE to the actual private individual that owns it, whilst something that actually makes a 'word' that can be recognised by anyone is better (tho not to the actual individual, as they can be just as happy with their initials plate). In my opinion.

BUT when it makes a word, depending on what word it is, depends on what people will think about the owner of the car. Since it can be an insight into their mind/personality.

But the individual himself/herself, is probably not bothered about that, and even if your plate is only personal to you, i guess it is even more so since it was bought by your fiancee, so will also have sentimental value.

I have instructed everyone to NEVER ever buy me anythingto do with cars, at the fear of one day unwrapping a present and finding novelty car mats/mud flaps or something, and upsetting the person by telling them exactly what i think of the present. No i am not a person that will pretend to like something if i don't, or that will 'wear a jumper' because my nan knitted it me for chrsitmas. There have been many times when i said ''mum, what the fuck am i supposed to do with this!? It's shit, but i'm not that bothered about it, since it's you that's wasted your money on it'' as a kid at christmas. No punches spared with me. And i dont care if that makes me a ****.

And the comment about changing your name to match a numberplate by deed poll was a joke, so laugh you motherfuckers, LAUGH. And that's it, for now.

RJM25R
23-10-03, 08:39 AM
Marty isn't the idea of a private plate for it to be private??!?!?!????@!!

As i noted, my comments are only tongue in cheek, hence the words "seriously though!" before the serious point of my post.!!

"seriously though" :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just think it's a matter of choice. I think "F486 THU" looked shit on my car because people at shows would always comment "it's a GTE that's been facelifted!!" and say "bodge job" when it was mint, clearly the f-plate gave it away, so i bought RFX 312W to hide the age. In actual fact the car was re-shelled in 1998/1999 into a 1991 GSI shell i just kept the identity of the older one (cos the new shell was from a stolen/recovered and that would have been recorded) but was fed up of the snide f-reg comments

Then the missus bought me "RJM 25R" cos she didn't know what to get me!