PDA

View Full Version : gsi exhaust

dave.gsi
13-10-03, 11:52 PM
anyone recommend a good gsi exhaust. its a non cat system i'm after cos i'm so pis$ed off with the poor fit of my sportex, knocking and rattling on the rear axle.

i'm looking for quality of fit rather than rude boy noise :wink:

Fester
13-10-03, 11:55 PM
Had Mongoose on SR and PowerBlow on GTE, Mongoose was brilliant PowerBlow v. poor

I would go Mongoose but you pay for it :( nice and subtle 3.5inch tailpipe (I think)

Jules
14-10-03, 08:17 AM
Agreed - Mongoose all the way, but if you want something else, then buy a Mongoose and send it to me and I'll send you my PowerBlow as a straight swap*!!!
:wink:

And yes, the Mongoose has a 3.5" inwardly rolled round tailpipe, they are hand built (and British) and are very sturdy and fit like a glove!!

* can't guarentee that it won't knock on the rear beam, handbrake cable and transmission tunnel though (Cos I know that it knocks on all three!!!)
:evil:

Ste_Nova
14-10-03, 10:31 AM
, knocking and rattling on the rear axle.

:

raise your car and it will be fine

novaman123
14-10-03, 11:47 AM
I've got a full Ashley system on my GSi, it was fitted before I bought it but I've not had any problems at all and to top it off it sounds ace, really f*ckin loud! :lol: They only cost about ?130 for the full system and I think its a larger bore than standard. Its definitely freed up the air flow! Its only mild steel not stainless but has a three inch stainless tip. I used to have an SRI and fitted one to that and I was really impressed with that too.

bad_boy_nova
14-10-03, 01:17 PM
Hey novaman123, on your gsi, does the tailpipe from the ashley system point straight out of the back bumper or at an angle?

Will
14-10-03, 01:48 PM
MK1 tailpipes are at an angle due to the cut out on rear bumper

mk2 come out straight

unless they fitted wrong system

e.g. GTE system on a gsi looks intereesting ay dicko ;)

novaman123
14-10-03, 09:21 PM
Yeah it's a proper mk2 system so it comes out straight! Why have you got one yourself or are you just looking to get one?

dave.gsi
14-10-03, 10:34 PM
, knocking and rattling on the rear axle.

:

raise your car and it will be fine

lol, i'd rather put up with the rattling than do that.

at the mo i'm tempted to wrap the exhaust where it goes over the axle maybe in some sort of heat wrap to stop it banging.

XZiBiT
15-10-03, 11:33 PM
i got a full magnex they rock!!

Ben
15-10-03, 11:46 PM
I would go to Longlife and have a custom made system that is guarenteed for life for less than the cost of any aftermarket stainless exhaust.

dave.gsi
15-10-03, 11:48 PM
are they brtter than powerblow?

Ben
15-10-03, 11:50 PM
never had a powerflow one so wouldnt know.

Jules
16-10-03, 10:06 AM
are they brtter than powerblow?

Could they be any worse?

Ian_Gsi16v
17-10-03, 12:51 AM
Got a scorpian on mine, nice and quiet really and you can hear the induction kit sucking rather than the exhaust blowing when you boot it, sits slightly to the right of the cut out though and in all honestly looks a bit wank :roll:

O well, roll on new system after x-mas

dave.gsi
18-10-03, 12:12 AM
allways thought scorpian were supposed to be quite loud :?:

my sportex sits to the left of the cut out, not that bothered about position its just really doing my head in rattling and knocking

peester
18-10-03, 07:42 AM
what about trying a jetex system? its aluminised steel but goes from downpipe back for around ?200. 3.5" tail. don't know how good they are, what they sound like or how long it will last as ive never had one. but im gonna guess (we sell them at work) as to them being slightly better than an ashley.

Ste_Nova
18-10-03, 09:33 AM
my scorpion is loud :twisted: jetex rot badly...my backbox on my old 1.2i didn't last 12months had it replaced twice under warrenty!

jkhilton
18-10-03, 11:11 AM
I had a full stainless magnex exhaust and manifold, it looked classy and had a nice sound.