PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

frillip
13-10-03, 06:06 PM
Well as you all know i asked about the filter the other night....

well the problem has come to the car will be runnign fine and suddenly it cuts out and loses total power and then when trying to restart will not start for at least 10mins a rest....me and mike spent all day tryin to work it out

got home and dad goes" itle be the idle throttle body" its gone two times before

now i dont know what to do as i have it booked in to vauxhall on wednesday mornin or i can just replace this and hope its the right thing

any suggestions??

Aragorn
13-10-03, 09:29 PM
idle throttle body?!?

theres an idle control valve on some engines that could maybe cause this?

and most have a "throttle body" but this is simply the part of the induction system that contains the butterfly for the throttle

check your earth straps n stuff too

will it crank?

it might be an ignition or fuel issue but u'd need to give us more info

frillip
13-10-03, 09:52 PM
sorry about the lack of knowldge

mike oxford could explain it more. i will update as soon as i can

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 11:24 PM
to me it is electric. i think its something in the ingnition system.

when it wont start and u crank it, its just like no HT leads are connected

THERE IS FUEL all the time as i take the cap off the relief valve (like a typical bike valve!) and stab it with somoething and it shoots its load at me.

when it dies it completely DIES. all the other electric equipemtn works e.g lights. but nowt else.

it is a 1.0 12v that only has three cylinders.

the item that his dad is on about sits by where the accelerator cable attaches, and when the throttle is closed it pushes something in. when the throttle is opened it lets this thing come out (on a spring) too.

no idea what it is.

no idea how this ecotec engine works.

ive tried everything

reset the ECU - i assume its got one? by leaving everything disconnected for a bit.

when it dies the engine managenemnt light comes on and stays on till u turn it all off and try again.

thats really as much as i can tell you........

i dont know any more ifnormation

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 11:25 PM
just to add it really is random.

sometimes it wont start

sometimes it dies whilst in transit.

u cud drive for days and it wont happen

then as we found today it died every quater of a mile