PDA

View Full Version : C702 MJB

40ies
13-10-03, 08:37 AM
WANTED VAUXHALL NOVA C702 MJB AS IT WAS STOLEN SOME TIME AGO, ANY INFO PLEASE SAY. REWARD PAID.

http://www.geocities.com/novatake/jullian2.gif

Dare-devil
13-10-03, 08:58 AM
Pics don't work m8. :wink:

dave.gsi
13-10-03, 09:07 AM
ooooh, nice car

copy image properties into the adress bar, images aren't working properly

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 10:19 AM
thats julian sumners old car.

(he is on here now with silver gsi on anthracite softstars)

dave.gsi
13-10-03, 11:00 AM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2202

steve-o
13-10-03, 12:49 PM
that grill!!! OMG how ugly, surely its no use at helping to cool the engine either#???

Nova-Flair
13-10-03, 01:33 PM
something different tho.

looks like its based on an astra GSI grille

epo
13-10-03, 01:36 PM
that grill!!! OMG how ugly, surely its no use at helping to cool the engine either#???

surly thats wot the vents 4 :roll: :lol:

Jules
13-10-03, 01:46 PM
HOLY SHIT THAT'S MY OLD NOVA 1.6 T40!!!
:o

Jules
13-10-03, 01:50 PM
Email sent, I can tell you what I was told about it when I saw it in the back of Fast Car for sale back in July this year, might not be any help but ring me on the number I've sent you.
:evil:

wisewood
13-10-03, 01:53 PM
the black one used to be yours jules?

Jules
13-10-03, 01:54 PM
Oh and I made the grill myself (Infact I did all the work on it apart from spraying it), It's based on the Astra GSi design, it's just a 1.2 grill with a couple of slats removed and some fibreglass over the rest, took ages to do.
In the summer I used a meshed GTE grille and used the one-off one over the rest of the year.

Can't believe it's been stolen, I see that you're also from Ipswich which is interesting to say the least............
:|

Jules
13-10-03, 02:09 PM
the black one used to be yours jules?

Jep!!
:D

wisewood
13-10-03, 02:11 PM
i gathered that much from the previous post you made lol.

Jules
13-10-03, 02:21 PM
Sorry kind of got carried away, a mixture of excitment and anger that someones nicked all my hard work :evil: .

40ies, you say it was stolen some time ago? How long ago are we talking?

40ies
13-10-03, 02:42 PM
were talkin march and i also c it for sale. he werent havin non of it u c noone beleives me even tho i got documents and reciept for sale

wisewood
13-10-03, 02:58 PM
you have proof of ownership, reciept of sale from wehn you bought it and yet nobody will believe it is your car?

have you considered the police/dvla

Jules
13-10-03, 03:00 PM
Just spoken on the phone to 40ies, it would seem that whilst he (40ies) has all the paperwork (V5 etc) stating that the car is his, the police aren't willing to do anything about it using the old "Possision is 9/10's of the law" addage.
:evil:

40ies
13-10-03, 03:05 PM
well i will b on the look for another project nova if u lot know of any in the mean time??? :o :o :o

wisewood
13-10-03, 03:08 PM
so if i was to go out tonight, and for the sake of arguement... steal Jiles' nova and just keep it as though it were my own there would be nothing you could do about it as its in my posession so its tough titty!!

THAT IS FOOKING RIDICULOUS!!!

40ies
13-10-03, 03:09 PM
well said

Jules
13-10-03, 03:31 PM
It is and to rub salt in the wound, the guy that had it has since sold it for a pathetic ?500, so now the car could be anywhere (Probably broken for parts by now), so 40ies no longer has his car, but the money the guy got for selling it on is also in the wrong persons hands.
What do we pay taxes for if the police are gonna be this crap?
:roll:

wisewood
13-10-03, 03:34 PM
to fund the NHS :lol:

but yeah, i see your point.

Ste_Nova
13-10-03, 03:50 PM
just go and steal it back... you can't be done for stealing your own car....

Mark
13-10-03, 04:30 PM
just go and steal it back... you can't be done for stealing your own car....

Fair point! - Get some mates together and retrieve it!!

jkhilton
13-10-03, 04:39 PM
When it was stolen, did you not report it as stolen? I dont understand. Surely if it was reported as stolen, then the police would have to pick it up.
did you make an insurance claim?

This all sounds a bit suspect to me.

Jules
13-10-03, 04:47 PM
OK here's how it went (From what I can understand)

I sold the car to a friend, he later sold it to 40's, 40's lost his job and owed a friend a small amount of money, 40's said his friend (A) could look after the Nova until he got another job and paid him back, A then decided to sell the car to get his money (plus a bit extra), 40's still has all the owners documents so whoever bought it from A has no way of legally owning it.

I'm with the rest of the guys, if you can find out who "bought it" off A then just go round and drive off in it.

40ies
13-10-03, 05:33 PM
i am tryin to find out who it was sold to if it was sold on again but i dont know yet. the coppers said again that it was a civil matter not a criminal offence. this sucks.

wisewood
13-10-03, 05:33 PM
go and find who owns the car, try and get an address... go round... take the car... then go to the police and tell them what you have just done and get them to fetch the other "owners" in with their documents to settle it.

NovaSi
13-10-03, 07:09 PM
I totally agree with wisewood

Ste_Nova
13-10-03, 07:14 PM
I sold the car to a friend, he later sold it to 40's, 40's lost his job and owed a friend a small amount of money, 40's said his friend (A) could look after the Nova until he got another job and paid him back.

well thats just fucking stupid.... you don't loan your car out... he can sell it then the new owner applys for the v5.., if there is no outstanding theft against it then the v5 is sent and he owns the car.... the law changed on this when they changed the tax a few months back.... if someone trys to obtain a v5 for a car they have got without one then the owner on the v5 is contacted to see if it's ok to release it

40ies
13-10-03, 11:57 PM
i was contacted and i sed then it hasnt left my hands so they didnt chage the name. its all jus one fucked up mess.

Fester
14-10-03, 12:04 AM
pretty fucked up :? contact a solicitor sharpish

Jules
14-10-03, 08:31 AM
i was contacted and i sed then it hasnt left my hands so they didnt chage the name. its all jus one fucked up mess.

Sorry Ste I forgot to add that bit.

40ies, like I said last night, tell the poilice that if you find it then you're gonna take it back and then see what they say. As long as you do no criminal damage (Breaking into a garage etc etc) to anything in order to get back what is yours then I can't see a problem with doing that.

RJM25R
16-10-03, 09:18 AM
The reason the police won't get involved is because "40ies" has technically sold the car ...

Think about it....

If he lent the car to his mate, who had "given" him money, he's sold it as far as the police are concerned...

It's like say Ian lending me a copy of "max power" and i lent him a quid but when he asks for it back i say "no, you sold it to me".

If i then sold the same magazine to JULES, and Ian went to the police, ownership is too contentious an issue to deal with. It's my word against his..... and the harassed coppers would go and man a speed camera instead!!!

Imagine this the other way around. You come to my house, buy my calibra, give me ?2500 cash. I let you take the car, but say i need to post the V5. Then i phone the police and say you stole it... Do they arrest you and give me my car back?? NO! They would want to know how you got the keys etc.... Receipts between private individuals are not worth the paper they are written on!!!

As it says on the V5, proof of registration is not proof of ownership!

I don't agree with all this, it's bollocks but true, but unfortunately it would be theft if the car was now taken from it's "now" owner.

My heart goes out to 40ies. it looked a nice car.

dave.gsi
16-10-03, 09:47 PM
i wouldnt buy a car without the v5

Neil.
17-10-03, 12:11 AM
sorry to hear that mate, hope u get it sorted.