PDA

View Full Version : sick of your car getting nicked?

peester
13-10-03, 12:27 AM
...well off your driveway anyway..? halford are now doing cctv! 30 buff buys you a camera and sensor- position camera viewing your car, connect to tv (via AV socket) in your room and when sensor detects movement- bleep sounds and tv flicks to AV channel - you see the mugging sods. can wire it up to video and record the evidence too. for the money isn't bad, only that its B&W and you will have to install it yourselves which means ladders, drilling into parents house, mess, noise, getting peed off, failing and in fit of rage falling off ladder and in hospital.
i guess if you suffer regular attacks on your cars on the driveway- it might be worth it. enough of an ad i think.

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 12:29 AM
30 notes u say..... hrm

peester
13-10-03, 12:32 AM
well about that yeah. haven't seen any of the kit yet. getting it soon, its being trailled in a number of stores. may well be the goodmans/ bush/matsui of the cctv world- but end of the day everything we sell has to come with 1 year guarentee, so can't be too bad.

Puntobabe
13-10-03, 12:36 AM
cool, might have to look into this, my Punto has been badly vandalised previously.

i wont have to worry about installing it, step-dad is an electrician, he'll do it for me.

peester
13-10-03, 12:37 AM
nice one claire. i like you already. you know it makes sense!!

Mark
13-10-03, 06:51 AM
Lets us know what it's like when you have installed it...

Ste_Nova
13-10-03, 10:19 AM
had one for years on mine... b&w, night vison and sound.... wired to cheap nasty video :lol:

also if there is a vat registered business operating from the site you have to have warning signs... and the police have to be informed you have a camera

wisewood
13-10-03, 11:00 AM
you can buy a multitude of cctv packs from argos for very reasonable prices, some kits including multiple cameras, some with motion sensors and sound, some without - some in colour - some not.

Costs vary but reasonably priced. Am gonna be getting a two or three camera kit for my place soon.

dave.gsi
13-10-03, 11:03 AM
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1001&langId=-1&searchTerms=cctv&go.x=12&go.y=9

novavalve
13-10-03, 05:08 PM
can you wire the motion sensor to switch on and record from a video

peester
13-10-03, 06:55 PM
wots all this argos jibe? halfords the place to be... to get ur c-c-t-v.! :D
anyways just to make you laff we got our store display camera kit and tv set today to launch the cctv products. Dave (ripspeed specalist) started setting up then had to keep stopping to help customers. few mins later screaming about the place asked me and the boss if we'de seen the display camera kit. the lot (bar the telly) had got nicked!!!!!!. effing unbelievable it was. some customer must half half inched it. when irony strikes.

Ste_Nova
13-10-03, 07:02 PM
halfords are pants

Ian
13-10-03, 07:04 PM
b&q have sold for years ive had one fitted for ages

Ian_Gsi16v
13-10-03, 07:55 PM
Might invest in one i think, problem is the busy's are lazy t**ts and wouldnt do anything if you dragged the little nuggets there yourself with the video

plus your cars still damaged/gone