PDA

View Full Version : PICS UPDATED - '04 Calenders - REQUIRES YOU!!

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 09:29 PM
BUMPER CALENDER!

(Little off-topic) but this year - as we havent announced it all quite yet - This year I will be printing them in a "bumper" style way. We are using the reverse of all the pages, so will have TWICE as much room for photographs and the like. The top page will sport a FULL A4 full colour photograph.

At this stage on behalf of myself and Jim please can i say thankyou to those of you so far who have helped contribute.

Also can i just say you can all keep guessing who is in the calender for another week or so as everyone hasn't been "scouted" yet so things arent finalised.

Having two people having views on the calenders and as me an jim are doing both the trump cards and calenders between us, we have got so far but now need your help.

We both have diffrent design ideas.

Please can you poll on this A or B how you would like YOUR calender to look.......

please use the poll function A or B so that we can easily count votes. Place comments and so on if you like on the thread but please use the poll counter!

Thankyou in antipation.

The designs shall remain anonymous so neither me or jim get mentally abused in the process :twisted: :lol:

Take care all.......

========================
Layout A Below
http://www.tws.serveftp.net/auctions/may1.jpg
========================
Layout B Below
http://www.tws.serveftp.net/auctions/may.jpg
========================

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 09:35 PM
Can i just add your voting on the overall layout not the content :lol: i.e dont vote for paul elseys car cos u like it more or less etc...... PMSL

Jim
12-10-03, 09:36 PM
Just to make sure you lot understand...Vote on the layout of the Calender, not which car you prefer. We want your opinions on how you think the calender looks. There are 10 other cars going in as well as these two, so chances are there will be some cars that might not be your cup of tea.

Cheers

Jim

P.S. Do'h Mike and Iposted at same time, sorry for repetition :D

jkhilton
12-10-03, 09:37 PM
Layout B, beacuse it means the main picture is bigger.

Will
A is better and has a spec list (B's car is better but this isnt wot its abt ;) )

lol

will

p.s. with reference to this years calender im going to try in december :'(

mikeoxford
Just to make sure you lot understand...Vote on the layout of the Calender, not which car you prefer. We want your opinions on how you think the calender looks. There are 10 other cars going in as well as these two, so chances are there will be some cars that might not be your cup of tea.

Cheers

Jim

PMSL do we think too much alike or what?

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 09:40 PM
p.s. with reference to this years calender im going to try in december :'(

will means CRY ;) perhaps he is too overcome with emotion already :( sorry about that will. still look u wouldnt have bought gsi now would you!

Cjscooby
12-10-03, 09:41 PM
B layout but like both!

Cj

Mark
12-10-03, 09:42 PM
Will there be a spec sheet on 'B' aswell or not?

Barn
12-10-03, 09:43 PM
A becasue it looks more professional
can anyone buy these calenders? i.e me
how much are they?
what are these top trumps?

good work lads

Jim
12-10-03, 09:47 PM
Will there be a spec sheet on 'B' aswell or not?

No, it's as you see it

A becasue it looks more professional
can anyone buy these calenders? i.e me
how much are they?
what are these top trumps?

good work lads

Calenders will be up for sale when they are finished. We will be packaging the Top Trumps with them also.

see http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75879&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60 for more information.

Jim

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 09:51 PM
point to make from jims comment........

calenders and trump cards will come out at same time.

u can buy both or one or other. its not like you have to buy them both for more ??? etc.

people may not want a calender - and then again people may not want to play games.

so u can have both, either, or, lol.

Mark
12-10-03, 09:52 PM
Ok, It'll have to be 'A' then, because I like to read spec's....

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 09:56 PM
lol if this goes 50 / 50 jim i shall commit suicide ! either that or we have to do combination of both :P

Jules
12-10-03, 10:02 PM
Option B, No need for specs really as most of us will either pretty much know the specs or be abel to tell some of it from the pics (Remember these are NL cars on NL calenders for NL people!!) plus the more pics the better.

ade
12-10-03, 10:06 PM
difficult choice!

A is cool because of spec ist but B is better for overall design in terms of big dominating pic.

U still planning on putting corsas on the back to double market share???

8)

I'm going for B - spec lists not essential - as long as the pics are good the cars will speak for themselves. And if you can make sure you get a decent back drop - the composition of Elseys car is excellent IMO (and I know we aint judging the design on the cars above but it looks very professional!)

ALSO - not everyone has the wall space to hang a big double spread - my work station wall space is limited therefore I can only really look at one side - small pics are good on both halves. :|

Slatter
12-10-03, 10:07 PM
Well personally i think B is better because the pics arent all in 1 place .... Who cares if the specs missing

Look at the pictures more and u will see what is on the car !!

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 10:09 PM
in answer to that ade....

as the organisers dont know many people in corsas, (i suppose we could have contacted the various boards) we have gone for novas again.

but my view was to make it double paged as shown so that it is a bumper calender if u like and is MUCH better than last year.

with A or B really, you will still be able to fold it over and only use half iif u so desire ;)

and they will be drilled etc properley this year so u can hang them LMFAO

Jim
12-10-03, 10:09 PM
U still planning on putting corsas on the back to double market share???

No. The back of one page will have the picture/dates of the previous month. No room for more cars.

Jim

dave.gsi
12-10-03, 10:30 PM
cant see them....little red crosses in a box :?:

anyway, is it too late to put my new car in the top trumps pack?

mikeoxford
12-10-03, 11:04 PM
fantastic LOL

summats bust in win2k LOL

im not at home now so cant sort it. can see whats wrong on remote admin though :lol: :twisted:

LOL voting contiues tomorow..... (when im home)

Neil.
12-10-03, 11:25 PM
i cant even see the ruddy pictures!

Ian
12-10-03, 11:33 PM
pics dont work

and neil reduce your sig size please to 100 pixels in height

Neil.
12-10-03, 11:36 PM
ok, soz ian.

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 12:05 AM
as above ^^^^ server is down and cant do nowt about it :lol: :roll: :oops:

have to wait till im home

i assume its my dad - but somehting has been plugged into my network with a conflict IP address. so the adapter on the server has disabed itself LOL fantastic!

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 10:16 AM
pictures now working and server backup.

no sure if it was a conflict or a shafted net card. sorted now

PLEASE CONTINUE to vote and comment :D

wisewood
13-10-03, 10:48 AM
I have voted Design B.

I am rather picky about designs and stuff like that.

Design A is quite good, but with the images all clumped together like that it looks a bit awkward, with more white space between them, even just a couple of pixels it would look much better IMO.

Design B achieves what i would want to see in design A to improve it, more white space between pictures, less crowded and really nice to look at.

Just a guess - but i reckon the designer designed layout B :lol:

dave.gsi
13-10-03, 10:55 AM
b definately. looks a lot more proffesional.

votes at 50/50 :|

elsey197
13-10-03, 12:11 PM
i voted for lay out b also, it looks more professional and less cluttered :D

mike like the pics you've used of mine :)

Fester
13-10-03, 12:16 PM
a is sort of 'ok heres the pics and ok you can have a calendar as well' but b is more integrated, hence b got my vote

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 12:19 PM
thankyou for all your votes everyone. keep them coming in. i need to speak to jim because stupid me forgot to put an end time on the poll. so i dont know when to close it..... have to decide between us i guess.

NovaNeil
13-10-03, 12:21 PM
A because of the Tech Spec

dave.gsi
13-10-03, 12:21 PM
close it now mike..........b's winning :lol:

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 12:25 PM
itd be unfair if i closed it when jims was winning :cry:
itd be unfair on jim if i closed it whilst mine was winning :twisted:

LOL hope i didnt give it away :S anyway just trying to say cant close it randomly like that it has to be an agreed time / date cos it wouldnt be a fair vote etc

wisewood
13-10-03, 12:29 PM
well incase you cant do it - let me know when you want it ended and i can get in and modify the number of days the poll is active for.

mikeoxford
13-10-03, 12:35 PM
ill have a word with jim wen he is on later 8) cheers dude

Jim
13-10-03, 01:10 PM
itd be unfair if i closed it when jims was winning :cry:
itd be unfair on jim if i closed it whilst mine was winning :twisted:

Sigh...so much for keeping it Annonymous :roll:

Been telling people to vote for yours have you Mike? You wouldn't catch me doing anything like that :oops: :lol:

I've been thiking about the Design anyway, but I'll have to talk to you later about it.

Jim

wisewood
13-10-03, 01:19 PM
you cant go changing the design again now we have all voted jim... that just would be fair. just be happy yours is better lol.

linzTDI
13-10-03, 01:24 PM
whos novas you using for the new one?
The same as the last one?

NOVASH
13-10-03, 01:25 PM
B but add a spec list to it

wisewood
13-10-03, 01:28 PM
whos novas you using for the new one?
The same as the last one?

doubt they'll all be the same linz.

linzTDI
13-10-03, 01:30 PM
i want mine on :lol:

(when kit is fitted of course)

krobinson
13-10-03, 01:53 PM
I'm gonna order one this time.. I got lazy and forgot last year!

Keith

wisewood
13-10-03, 01:59 PM
i will be getting one again this time.
last years has only been out of the packaging it arrived in once or twice for me to take a look at it. other than that its been neatly locked away to keep it looking good.

i dont need a calendar - just thought it was cool to have some ncie nova pics to look at in years to come.

Jim
13-10-03, 02:08 PM
you cant go changing the design again now we have all voted jim... that just would be fair. just be happy yours is better lol.

Erm, you obviously dont think so as you voted for Mikes :roll:

Mike and I can, and probably will change the design (not that drastically though). We've had great responses and I'd like to thank everyone for their time.

We now know what the majority want and I'm sure Mike and I can come up with a design that everyone will like. I've even had people say they don't like either, which is fair enough, we can't expect to please everyone.

There will be 12 cars in the calender and a montage of cars on the front cover, some might be in the calender, some might not. The other 10 cars are being kept clasified for the minute, but obviously the 2 featured in page 1 are set to go in the calender.

Hopefully we'll get the calender finaliased by the end of the month.

Dave.Gsi in response to your Top Trumps question, Yes, more cars can still be added as they will be getting printed at the same time as the calender. Mike mentioned selling them seperatley, but we'll see how many orders we get for each first. We may possibly package the Top Trumps and Calenders together though.

Thanks again

Jim

NOVASH
13-10-03, 02:12 PM
How much are they?

wisewood
13-10-03, 02:13 PM
lmfao - reasonably priced for the quality you get!!!

lol i suppose they will announce it when they have proper quotes from printers.

NOVASH
13-10-03, 02:21 PM
How much are they?

wisewood
13-10-03, 02:28 PM
as stated above.

Ste_Nova
13-10-03, 03:29 PM
i'm not buying it if any shit or unfinished cars are in it :P

Nova_Rz
13-10-03, 03:37 PM
There will be 12 cars in the calender and a montage of cars on the front cover, some might be in the calender, some might not. The other 10 cars are being kept clasified for the minute, but obviously the 2 featured in page 1 are set to go in the calender.

the car in calender A, anyone know who owns it now (Ballsy sold it, coz i was in the running to buy it, but i aint got that much cash)

Jim
13-10-03, 04:02 PM
i'm not buying it if any s**t or unfinished cars are in it :P

Don't worry, you're not getting one anyway :P

Nova_Rz, You'll have to ask Richard himself. The email address on his profile is still active so ask him via that.

Cheers

Jim

Stuart
13-10-03, 04:50 PM
I like A, but could do with a spot of white space

oh and a much smaller novaland advert since its just a link to novaload/pre novaload infomation.

Tilly
13-10-03, 04:52 PM
Layout B for me i think.

JUST MAKE SURE THERE IS SOMETHING TO HANG IT UP WITH THIS TIME

RobIsGrt18
13-10-03, 05:17 PM
its A for me :) !!

wisewood
13-10-03, 05:26 PM
JUST MAKE SURE THERE IS SOMETHING TO HANG IT UP WITH THIS TIME

mine had a little hook thing on it to hang it up with...

Ian
13-10-03, 06:50 PM
I like A, but could do with a spot of white space

oh and a much smaller novaland advert since its just a link to novaload/pre novaload infomation.

and a larger novaload one seeing as its all novaload cars

Ian_Gsi16v
13-10-03, 06:54 PM
Prefer layout B personally

red_devil
13-10-03, 07:16 PM
if B had a specs list then it would easily be the best... how about tryin something similar 2 B with the pics but having a specs list????

Ian
13-10-03, 07:18 PM
mike, where is the money that was going to charity from last years calendar sales? you said a draw would be done then announced

srs1
13-10-03, 07:23 PM
A. you have more space to write in the boxes for shows and cruises etc

redbristolnova
13-10-03, 07:31 PM
I think.......... A............. Due to the layout.

brian
13-10-03, 10:49 PM
i voted B as it is a calander and a spec list is not needed where as pictures and good layout are.

Gazza14SR
13-10-03, 11:16 PM

exactly why 'A' got my vote.

plus i also like it more anyway.

Jules
14-10-03, 08:27 AM

exactly why 'A' got my vote.

plus i also like it more anyway.

A reason for voting B surely!!!

Only 4 Shows to remember for me :
PV @ Santa Pod - June
VBOA @ Billing - July
PCC National Day - August / Seot (If it gets back to be good)
Trax @ Silverstone - Sept

Why the big deal about a Spec list? All the car featured will be ones on this website, if you wanna know the spec then PM or email the owner and get a bang up-to-date one rather than one that'll probably be out of date by time the calender is out!!

Come on - vote B you know it makes sense!!
:wink:

Gazza14SR
14-10-03, 12:53 PM
i have other things to write down as well as shows etc. like bdays, anniversaries, work holidays etc.

i like the spec list, as im only on 56k i can read the spec list without having to connect cuz it takes ages on my modem to load up featured cars.

Also i prefer how the pictures are positioned all together.

Ste_Nova
14-10-03, 01:08 PM
PV @ Santa Pod - June
VBOA @ Billing - July

donny
max
modded nationals
etc etc

Ste_Nova
14-10-03, 01:08 PM
and anyway the shows should be preprinted on them if the dates are known

Dpnova
14-10-03, 01:23 PM
B, The pics look to cluttered in A

Jim
14-10-03, 02:00 PM
and anyway the shows should be preprinted on them if the dates are known

We'd like to do that, but don't know the dates and I'm not going to wait around for events co-ordinators to get back to me.

Jim

Ste_Nova
14-10-03, 02:10 PM
trax - info@traxshows.co.uk
png - info@pccuk.net
vboa ??? info not on billing site yet
Max Power Live 2004 (Public) The NEC, 2 - 4 Jul 2004
Ultimate street car - 6th-8th August 2004
PV - Info line (01452) 317700
donny - info@donnyshow.co.uk

Ian
14-10-03, 06:25 PM
donny
max
modded nationals
etc etc

shit, full of suxos with mingdom bumpers
see above but double the prices
poor copy of the above with less cars but still just as shite

Tilly
14-10-03, 06:27 PM
i agree ian where did the money go?????

Ian
14-10-03, 06:32 PM
:arrow: apparently he never did a draw for a winner to decide as promised.
:arrow: apparently it went to solihull childrens hospital
:arrow: he didnt post about it as he sold them on 5 diff forums and 5 diff egroups so how could he announce what hed done with the money
:arrow: im awaiting the scan of the thankyou letter / receipt on here, he was about to tell me when he is scanning it but his finger must have slipped on the block button on msn

Jules
15-10-03, 09:14 AM
PV @ Santa Pod - June
VBOA @ Billing - July

donny
:)

max
:lol: :lol: :lol: (Gotta be a joke right?!?!)

modded nationals
What one? If you're talking about the Summer Nationals for all the old hot rods then yeah that aswell!!
:D

Jim
15-10-03, 10:00 AM
Judging from everyones comments, I think I'll leave any dates blank, except my birthday, LOL :lol:

Jim