PDA

View Full Version : A damn good idea?

Anonymous
23-02-01, 01:10 PM
When i've taken my punishment from the law, i'm gonna get a mk2 1.2 and get the little bastard looking evil.

I'm thinking of buying a fucked old Astra GTE mk2 and striping loads of parts of it and putting them on the nova. Here's a few of the parts that i'm thinking of:

Front bumper (mod it to fit, does it look nice?)
bonnet vents (turn them round and maybe put them in the wings or summit)
side skirts (cut them down and smmoth them and make them fit)
boot spoiler (slap it on the roof upside down so the ends flare up making it look wikid)
Rear bumper (mod it to fit, do they look nice?)
take the digital dash and recaro seats etc out of there and slap em in the nova.

And any other little bits and bobs.

Do u rekon this is a good idea? i thinks that if i did everything good enough, and put a Seat splitter on the front and rear, i could have a unique, decent looking mota?

Give me your opinions, not just "that will look shit"

cheers

Ged

[ged_bong]
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
23-02-01, 01:53 PM
i'm not sure about the bonnet vents in the wings fella, i reckon they'd look a little tacky. But I like the subtle side of mods rather than the big extreme stuff. also it may be hard to disguise the fact that you have recycled on old astra. If you could pull it off then it would be a very cheap way of doing lots of mods straight away. good luck with the going to court thing.

bad bwoy tings a gwan!!

Anonymous
23-02-01, 02:01 PM
I am with Blondie on that one, the vents in the wings idea. Not too sure 'bout it. But you never know, it could look mint, but on the other hand it could look dodgy. I'll shut up know, i'm starting to ramble. :'>

B-) Pug drivers are W*nk*rs. X-(

Anonymous
23-02-01, 02:36 PM
i agree too with the vents.
but apart from that

GO FOR IT!! B-)

oh and try and get the whole thing resprayed in a mad colour since your gonna have alot of parts to spray anyway!!

:D

Anonymous
23-02-01, 02:39 PM
what do u rekon about the bumpers? My brother used to have an Astra GTE 16v (minter with 17s, full leather etc...V nice car) and from what i remember the fron bumpers look pretty good? It would look even better if i could make it fit a nova. Another plus point is that the grille and bumper are one piece, andif i could apply that to the nova, it would look spankin!

I'd also put big spotlights on the front bumper, along with cutting a meshing a big hole in it, to give it the evo style look!

has anyone got any piccies of a nova with any Astra GTE bumpers on it?

[ged_bong]
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
23-02-01, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know if the seats from a gte fit novas?-Im guessin the fronts will,possibly needing ur old subframes,but wot do u do about the back seat?

Anonymous
24-02-01, 02:41 AM
i know ther front seats deff fit i think the back do as well but i'm so drunk i could be lying

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
25-02-01, 06:48 PM
ive got an astra gte C reg breaking,ive got the bumpers,and interior,spoiler.

the bumpers are very nice they would look well smart on a nova.they have a built in grill, whick fits round the head lights,these would need to be cut off, and the sides would have to be chopped.ive seen a nova with a gte spoiler,and an astra one ontop,looks alright.

the seats do not go straight in.
easiest way to do it is to seperate the back from the base,do this to ur nova and astra seats,
take off the coverings from the base and swap them over.then bolt the base and back together again.they will now have the nova sub frame.
this is simple if ur using sr or gte seats,as they have the support in the base, however if u use seats from a 1.2 when u swap the coverings over, ull have no support in the base,so what i done is bent some steel rod into the correct shape(just copy the astra seat)and weld em on.
hope ive been of some help
sorry for chatting so long

Anonymous
25-02-01, 09:16 PM
if your using the astra gte vents why not put them on the bonnet at an angle (look at the saxo on the front on max power if not sure) it looks good!

Anonymous
25-02-01, 09:18 PM
sorry meant fast car!

Anonymous
26-02-01, 12:03 AM
errm why not post in the proper forum? X-(

X-( I'm mean and i don't care :D
[burn_ford] <-- best thing for them!

Ian@novaload.net