PDA

View Full Version : What You Reckon To This Ice Setup ??

Nova_Rz
12-10-03, 11:26 AM
2* Rockford Fosgate Punch 12"
1* Kenwood "old style" 12"
1* Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp (4 Channel)
1* Denon Amp (model 850 i think)

going to be run of my alpine headunit, just my mates looking to sell the above and i was wondering what i should offer him for it (if offer at all) ..
cheerz

.David.

Jules
12-10-03, 09:43 PM
Why do you want 3 x 12" subs?
:roll:

2 x 12" will almost blow the windows out of a Nova and certainly be plenty loud enough to get you some 'attention' if used with a good quality amp (I'd go for the Rockford 4 channel bridged down to 2 channels), or even 1 x 12" sub will sound nice if you want te be a bit more subtle and have your sound more balanced.

Nova_Rz
13-10-03, 09:13 AM
want to be loud !!! ... lol, my mates looking to swap me for my 17" (that don't fit on my nova)

Paul
13-10-03, 08:32 PM
couple of suggeustions:

a) good alarm.
b)good battery
c)invest in a powercap.

Nova_Rz
13-10-03, 08:51 PM
couple of suggeustions:

a) good alarm.
b)good battery
c)invest in a powercap.

alarm is here, just not fitted yet, toad cat 1 alarm, toad cat 1 immob, cobra cat 2 immob, unknown cat immob
.. battery is the best one halfords had
Powercap ... aint got a clue what one of them even is, someone want to enlighten me

Jules
14-10-03, 08:12 AM
It's like a big power storage unit (Capaciter), basiclly to run that amount and size of subs you need to give them a nice constant supply of power via the amps, the more you 'pump up da bass' the more power the amp will draw from the battery, a power cap stores power and when the amp requires more than the battery can supply it adds to it to give the maximum amount possible, then the power cap gets 'refilled' by the battery for the next time it's needed.

Dpnova
14-10-03, 01:34 PM
You dont need that many subs, you will get enough bass from 2 or even 1, i agree with what was said about a balenced sound, its a bit pointless having that much bass unless you have the rest of the soundsytem set up properlly

Nova_Rz
14-10-03, 05:19 PM
agree that it might be too loud, but i did want to know how much i should pay for it all (so i know whether i'm getting it for a decent price !!

Jules
15-10-03, 08:54 AM
Hard to tell as something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
If he wants to swap the lot for a set of 17"s that don;t fit your car and you're happy to do the swap then I'd do it.

Paul
15-10-03, 05:40 PM
if u aint got no sounds,and the 17s are otherwise useless then do it, as jules sed do it if youre happy with the deal.

i recently swapped a leather interior for another leather interior with 3 tv's both of us were happy, even tyho technically the interior i got woz worth more coz of tv's it werent in as gud nick so it balanced out.

Get it, if u fell happy do it.

novaexplod
16-10-03, 01:37 AM
y do ppl always think more subs, more bass? it aint always true, sumtimes they can lag and dont give nemore at all n if u start mixin subs together they dont all sound the same neway.

Jules
16-10-03, 09:52 AM
y do ppl always think more subs, more bass? it aint always true, sumtimes they can lag and dont give nemore at all

:roll:

Huh?

Nova_Rz
16-10-03, 10:20 AM
well then deals off anyway.. but i got a new idea... opinions (useless ones need not apply)

4*175w amp
5 1/4" Focal Components (Front)
(Not Sure What Are Decent) 6*9's (Rear Quarters)
Audiobahn 12" Sub *2 (Undecided Yet)
Decent 2 Channel Amp (Any Idea's ??)
1.5 Farad Powercap

Jules
16-10-03, 10:52 AM
Much better, much more balanced.
:D

Nova_Rz
16-10-03, 11:05 AM
Much better, much more balanced.
:D

being a typical idiot i just realised you are a bloke :roll:

Jules
16-10-03, 11:25 AM
Doh!!!

Jules - Short for Julian (Blokes name!!)
:wink:

Nova_Rz
16-10-03, 11:30 AM
Doh!!!

Jules - Short for Julian (Blokes name!!)
:wink:

yeh, just a bit slow today i think, i'm too bored, whats your opinion on 6*9's / subs & amps i should get ??? quite fancy 2* 12" but aint sure whats decent

ohh and a 4 channel rockford fosgate sub to power focals / 6*9's

Jules
16-10-03, 11:34 AM
Personally I wouldn't have 6x9's, Subs in boot (Powered by amp) componants up front (Running off the headunit if it's quite high powered or a small amp).
Will sound much better.

Nova_Rz
16-10-03, 11:37 AM
not sure on the 6*9's yet, would have to relocate them into back(seat) panels.. getting 2 rockford punch subs & amp to run then once i sort out a deal (getting them cheap) .. gonna wait till the "project" car is nearly finished before buying new subs / amps coz they will be a lot cheaper when the cars finished