PDA

View Full Version : new car

dave.gsi
10-10-03, 09:13 PM
bought myself a spanking new gsi today :D pics will be up tommorow when i can take some in daylight.

j reg, 85,000 miles (genuine with evry mot from new to prove) full vauxhall service history up to 75,000 miles. it even has the original first aid kit in the boot still in its cellafane wrapper and has the original drivers manual and a whole heap of paperwork i havent had time to look at yet. took a six hour round trip to get it but i think its worth it. plus the guy who sold it says he once owned the hollioaks nova :?: he seemed like a bloody nice guy too so i'm enclined to believe him.

anyway, only one patch of rust i can find which is easily sorted but finnaly i'm back on the road. :D

Ian_Gsi16v
10-10-03, 09:19 PM
Looks nice dave

nice colour :P

like the alloys :D

dave.gsi
10-10-03, 09:25 PM
:lol:

thanks.

like the alloys so much wanna swap for your speedlines lmao! anyway i think the alloys will be off by the weekend to be replaced by my old 14in alpines, they just nees some new tyres at the mo.

Nova-Flair
10-10-03, 09:26 PM
jammy sod :P

dave.gsi
10-10-03, 09:28 PM
the lad said his phone has been ringing red hot for two days, hes taken getting on thirty calls for the car :!: :lol:

Nova-Flair
10-10-03, 09:30 PM
u've been lucky there then dave! i didnt think any nova like that existed neva mind a GSI! cant wait to see the pics.

what happened to ur old GSI?

dave.gsi
10-10-03, 09:39 PM
my old gsi is at the bottom of my drive rusting away. will be getting stripped for parts for the new one :D

the only rust i've noticed so far is a small hole on the top of the passenger door parralell to the window next to the mirror. its been fitted with badly painted m3 mirrors which might come off or may get a repaint. will have a proper poke around tommorow in the light just praying i dont discover major holes lol

Nova-Flair
10-10-03, 09:42 PM
shud put the standard mirrors back on M3's have been done to death.

wot u got planned for it???

dave.gsi
10-10-03, 09:47 PM
keeping it simple. got a few bits from my silk violet one that'll transfer over quite nicely. think the exhaust will be the first thing that goes on

Nova-Flair
10-10-03, 09:50 PM
aye thats the best way dont go ott

dave.gsi
10-10-03, 10:01 PM
i do fancy a big kindom bumper though

lol :lol: :wink:

Nova-Flair
10-10-03, 10:05 PM
lmao

lovely and subtle they are

Paul
11-10-03, 04:13 AM
Waitor: Good evening sir, may i help you?
Customer: Yes just a nice romantic candle lit dinner on a table for two please.
Waitor: Ok, any preferences to where you would like to be seated.
Customer: That Kingdom Type K front Nova bumper looks very nice and spacey, that'll do please.
Waitor: Certainly I'll take you to your seat straight away.

:D

Ste_Nova
11-10-03, 10:00 AM
plus the guy who sold it says he once owned the hollioaks nova :?:

thats gotta make him so honest saying he used to own it :lol:

dave.gsi
11-10-03, 10:57 AM
how do you know he didn't??

SKoob
11-10-03, 11:17 AM
One thing I know is that no one owns the Hollyoaks nova as its been scrapped due to the chassis leg damage that it sustained from the accident in the episode. NOVAAJ has the engine out of it in his car. He showed me a website of the car getting cut into little pices with a welding torch :(

krobinson
13-10-03, 02:12 PM
They never crashed the GSI in the show. It was a GTE, which i spotted right away and burst out laughin!!

Amazing how a mk2 GSI turns into mk1 GTE in a split second!!

Andy Bishop broke the nova, think he still has loads of spares left from it. And the engine is in a Nova in the features!

Keith