PDA

View Full Version : Nova 20XE running problems!!

Will F
10-10-03, 10:51 AM
Right, I am in the middle of a nightmare!!
I am about to sell the Nova valver, but the day someone wanted to come and see it, it all started to go wrong!!

When driving, the engine just loses ALL power and you amost get whiplash (by jerking forward!)
It happens when you pull off and also when in motion under accelaeration!!

I need to get this sorted to get it sold!
I noticed that the fuel pump wasnt priming when I turned the ignition on, so I am in the process of sorting this.

I though that if the pump was u/s the car wouldnt run at all?! Or is there enough of a vacuum to get some fuel to the 'rail?

Thanks in advance

Dicko
10-10-03, 11:15 AM
possible the relay is fcked, or the pump is, and its not running continuosly, or maybe its a broken or bad live/earth on the loom which is cutting power on occasions and cutting the spark.

Will F
10-10-03, 11:27 AM
Relay is OK, I buzzed the pump with a feed and that was OK to.
Looks to be a prob btween the 2!!

Would it run though if either were fecked?

Phil GTE
10-10-03, 01:58 PM
maybe its a broken or bad live/earth on the loom which is cutting power on occasions and cutting the spark.

if this was Rusy's..........he had similar problems with the loom before.

Dicko
10-10-03, 06:29 PM
if it was fuel it would either kangoroo or power would drop, not suddenly cut out as said

Aragorn
10-10-03, 09:00 PM
if i corner in mine with <2gallon of fuel left it starves the pump and it loses all power untill i stop cornering cos ive got a carb tank on it

if uve got a GTE tank this wont happen

replace the fuel pump relay and earth straps - the relay especially - u cant tell when they are on the way out - they just start arcing internally and will cause the pump to run inconsistantly - check the relay terminals too - u may find em corroded

mine started kargarooing the other day yet it was fine when stationary - the gearbox earthstrap was about to fall off - would hardly start either tho