PDA

View Full Version : Here it is with new pics on page 2

Rick Draper
08-10-03, 09:50 PM
Here is the latest almost finished pic of my nova,

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2133

Just need to stick my grill back together now and fix a water leak and its done i think!

Rick

Dare-devil
08-10-03, 09:53 PM
Looks very very good m8.. Keep up the good work :wink:

Jules
08-10-03, 09:56 PM
Just gets better and better, keep the pics flowing once it's emerged from the garage.
:D

beatin u
08-10-03, 09:57 PM
what radiator is that???
where you gona have the No. plate???
looks good!! 8)

mikeoxford
08-10-03, 09:57 PM
:o that intercooler is h00000000000j

looks well nice mate :+: is it an oil cooler further up in the grille space?

Rick Draper
08-10-03, 10:05 PM
Not sure where the reg plate is going as i aint decided if i shud have a bigger intercooler made yet! :lol: So i aint had the bumper filled and smoothed yet. Think i will end up with a small motorbike one on one side of the bumper but not 100% sure.

The oil cooler sits right in the middle of the grill but the grill needs putting back together as i broke it when i pulled it off :roll:

O and it can go far lower on the front than it is now but the only problem is the downpipe hits the floor! :lol:

Rick

mikeoxford
08-10-03, 10:08 PM
:o bigger intercooler

your nuts :lol:

peester
08-10-03, 11:42 PM
oooh yes. and you mean business; 17's off. 15's on. and motorsport ones at that. phat shiney ally stuff there.

?Marty?
08-10-03, 11:59 PM
the beast at slumber! It'll be one hell of a car once done.

Not enough plastic for my liking stylingwise. lol

Ian_Gsi16v
09-10-03, 12:38 AM
:D Looks so much better on the 15's

How low is it now?

Phil GTE
09-10-03, 12:49 AM
looks very serious. I like it a lot. Where did you get the intercooler from? is it a custom job?

Dpnova
09-10-03, 08:51 AM
That car is so nice!!!

Chris_W
09-10-03, 08:56 AM
Let's hope this lasts a bit longer than 6 miles Rick! ;)
Hurry up and get the bugger out for a test drive, you know you want to, and we want to see some decent pics of it together and outside! ;)

Chris

Jules
09-10-03, 09:11 AM
Not sure where the reg plate is going as i aint decided if i shud have a bigger intercooler made yet! :lol: So i aint had the bumper filled and smoothed yet. Think i will end up with a small motorbike one on one side of the bumper but not 100% sure.

Get me a pic from front on with the grille attached, and also a pic of the numberplate (Get someone to hold it besides the car or something) and I'll photoshop it to various different locations and send you the pics so you can decide before drilling holes in the bumper.

Jim
09-10-03, 09:53 AM
Looks ace Rick. I can hear the Silk Road test track calling your name :lol:

Please dont get a square number plate at the front, personnaly I dont think they look right and also make the car unbalanced if put to one side, but again, thats just my opinion.

Jim

jkhilton
09-10-03, 10:15 AM
nice one Rick, it's looking good, but could do with a clean! lmao :p

When am I going to get to go for a spin in it then? :)

krobinson
09-10-03, 12:01 PM
Looking good rick!

Maybe you could get away with no number plate? The cops will never be able to catch u anyways! lmao :lol:

Barn
09-10-03, 12:14 PM
looks mean mate....

get some pics up when all is done

NovaNeil
09-10-03, 12:40 PM
I think its just need some sort of splitter to get the front lower to the ground? A Laguna one maybe :?: Nothing to big.

Just my Opinion.

Looks awesome.

RJM25R
09-10-03, 12:55 PM
Looking good rick.............. small bike plate + keep a full size one in the car and if you get copped, tell them you were on your way back from a show etc etc etc (like i used to!) and forgot to put it on, but if you aren't ridiculous they don't seem to bother that much.......

Square plate will look too "saxo" in my opinion!

?Marty?
09-10-03, 04:36 PM
"it must have fallen off, officer''

Rick Draper
09-10-03, 06:52 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2140

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2141

Just a few little things to do to it now, adjusting the gearbox linkage so i can get 6th gear, sorting some stiffer front springs as its a bit to soft, adjusting the stiffness of the rear shocksas its to stiff, mating the exhaust up properly as it hangs a bit to low (booked in for the 14th), and wire in the gauges tomorrow. O and fit my manta 400 mirrors. Rick

Barn
09-10-03, 06:56 PM
without sounding to much like a ring licker...

fcukin luvly mate

exactly what I'll be doing to mine in a couple of years (hopefully).

did u do all the mechanicals urself mate? self-tort or what?

all the best

ncole
09-10-03, 07:36 PM
me likes a lot very street sleeperish bar the huge intercooler :D

srs1
09-10-03, 07:46 PM
that looks so sweet. every nova nutter will be in envy. just dont go to fast so we can get a good look.
big thumbs up for making the nova as mad as ever.

Jules
09-10-03, 08:42 PM
M8, that looks f'king sweet!!!
You must be chuffed as fcuk (I Know I would be!!)

Jim
09-10-03, 08:54 PM
That looks so smart. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh :)

Jim

Jules
09-10-03, 08:58 PM
Oh and leave the numberplate as it is won't you? There's a good boy!!!

Rick Draper
09-10-03, 09:17 PM
lol not sure what to do with the number plate, might have to see how it looks when i have the bumper smoothed. Rick

peester
09-10-03, 09:25 PM
wots wrong with that plate on the above pic? -any bigger and it'll bloke the ventage to 'cooler.
isn't shy that ruddy 'cooler. awesome.

Jim
09-10-03, 09:54 PM
Hmm, the number plate is a bit of an issue. Cant see where to put it really, unless you get a really thin one and put it on the bumper above the intercooler, but even then I dont think that will look right :?

Jim

mikeoxford
09-10-03, 10:07 PM
leave the numberplate as is :+: it suits it.

bloody awesome

dan16v
09-10-03, 10:25 PM
bitch! :x that looks a proper job Rick!, leave the plate where it is it looks fine! the comps look hard core 2!, have you actualy driven it yet or is the down pipe a big issue?
managed to get my fmic to fit without to much bumper cutting! its prolly abit on the small side bout 600mm in length but it should be ok with aqua mist!
what box and engine oil are you using?
dan

Mark
09-10-03, 10:26 PM
I reakon a square motorbike plate to the right hand side (as you look from the front) of the bumper....

Jules
09-10-03, 11:12 PM
I reakon a square motorbike plate to the right hand side (as you look from the front) of the bumper....

"Should of gone to Specsavers"
www.specsavers.co.uk

:o

Mark
09-10-03, 11:16 PM
Personal choice..

RJM25R
14-10-03, 10:30 PM
That's pretty much the size i was talkin about.... not a pisstake one that the poice are gonna pull you on all the time... A little dickie bird told me that if your digits are within 10mm of the minimum, the "boy's in blue" won't seek a prosecution, the worst they'll do is a ?30 wonderticket!!!

Looks top anyway!!!

Jules
15-10-03, 09:21 AM
Get a numberplate either like this (illigally small motorbike lettering on a motorbike plate).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Mine%20At%20Billing%202K%201.jpg

Or go for one like I have on my GSi (Haven't been stopped for them in at least 2 years) which is a more 'police friendly' standard motorbike lettering on a car plate (Then trim the plate down) - No pics of the one on my GSi though :(

Dpnova
15-10-03, 09:23 AM
Is it illegal to have your numberplate inside your car i.e showing through your windscreen, because i have seena few motors like this and i wondered what the deal was?

Ste_Nova
15-10-03, 09:25 AM
did u do all the mechanicals urself mate? self-tort or what?

lol i supervised ricks 2.0 16v conversion 2 years ago :lol:

Jules
15-10-03, 09:26 AM
Wouldn;t of thought so, aslong as it's readable and the text and spacing is correct.
A lot of people do it so having a numberplate doesn't 'ruin' the look of the front of their bling bling Max Power-a-like modified Saxo / 106 / Pug 306 / Fiesta Zetec.........

Ste_Nova
15-10-03, 09:28 AM
Is it illegal to have your numberplate inside your car i.e showing through your windscreen, because i have seena few motors like this and i wondered what the deal was?

lancy runs a full size 5 letter plate on his passenger side sunvisor... behind glass is ok cause some busses have it.... i thinkthe disstance from the end of the car is an issue

Dare-devil
15-10-03, 02:44 PM
Damn.!! It's looking sweet now.. :twisted:

Keep the numberplate as it is, looks good.. :wink: :D

Ian
15-10-03, 08:02 PM
run no plate
when i had small plate got pulls and fines, no plate no hassle, just said it fell off and had it in window, doubles up as anti specs measure too if u remove quickly lol

?Marty?
16-10-03, 03:37 AM
i had mine in the window for a few weeks, and when i drove past a few coppers, they didn't even bat an eye lid.

Stick it on the dash, and say it fell off whilst you were driving if you do get shit.

Front numberplates really ruin the look of cars i recon. Why even have them, just a rear plate would suffice for id purposes and etc.