PDA

View Full Version : GSi cam into an SR

Cooch
08-10-03, 07:22 PM
Help! i wanna high lift cam but the piper and kent ones only work at high revs i have been told told a GSi cam will fit and will make my little SR quicker :lol: is this true or have people been tellin me porkies :roll: i know how to fit it all and can get one but will it make it any better? Also people have been posting bout CP bein the best cam kit around for only ?285 who r CP as im only young and dont have as much experience as older people and need to start findin tuning companies as i wanna make my SR quicker can anyone help? :o

Stuart
08-10-03, 08:40 PM
CP is a geeza who is selling a piper cam lol. hes not a company (well not in the car sense)

if your going to upgrade the cam, get the one cp is selling (and a lot of others are selling too) of the kent AST2

mikeoxford
08-10-03, 10:44 PM
aragorn always says the sr cam is better than the gte cos it has higher lift or something. but then again velos told me its duration that matters..... again i aint all clued up about it

total vauxhall did a tech feature on cams in one of the articles gone by so use that for some advice if u have it

geordie_racer
09-10-03, 06:19 PM
the 1.4 sr cam has the same inlet lift as the gsi cam but has a bigger exhaust lift than the gsi cam so hence should in theory be better dont think any1 has found out the durations for both cams yet. most people building single cam mix and match engines use the 1.4sr cam if there staying to a standard cam

chris