PDA

View Full Version : WINTER IS CLOSING IN!

ade
08-10-03, 06:09 PM
Just a few words -

Winter is closing in, its getting darker - there's leaves on the road and its wet

SO SLOW DOWN AND TAKE IT EASY!

Did you know it takes the average "daytime" driver a few days to adjust to twighlight/night driving if not done for a while

Clean the inside of your windscreen - you willbe amazed how much crap has built up from summer dust and crap!

Been several of us involved in crashes recently - just watch out - especially if you live in the country - back roads etc... very slippery!

Its also time to get the under body sealer and waxoyl out to seal your cars inner panels (doors, arches etc) to slow down the rusting process!

We had ice the other day in Scotland - take it easy and stay alive!

Ade
8)

krobinson
08-10-03, 06:19 PM
Some sound advice there!

Its getting frosty here in the mornings too! Winters closing in... :o

yellow nova
08-10-03, 06:25 PM
tell me about it im a mobile valeter its not stop raning yet :(

peester
08-10-03, 06:37 PM
yeah time to play dodge the shytters again.

Barn
08-10-03, 06:55 PM
fcuk, tell me about it mate. iv already got a barstard cold and sore throat. aaand i haven't even got my car to cheer me up as it is away in a guys garage being welded. :cry:

incidentally (ooo posh word), i tell u what if my car rusts anymore after the welding im having done is finished im seriously gunna burn the fucka.

oh, and i cant even do practical work in college as i fcukt my hand up abit on the weekend.
lol

life is sweet atm ! lmao

nah, i gotta b honest i don't mind that much as it could be worse @ the end of the day. winter has never really pi$$ed me off tbh (ppl moan about it don't they) as it starts raining n all that, as it rains all the time in the summer anyway.
first winter on the road anyhow so ill b taking ur advice ade mate and im gunna take it easy...

all the best lads

p.s managed to get a pic of me car up in the 'b4 and after pics' post in muppet corner so that cheered me up abit,lol

frog_southampton
08-10-03, 07:44 PM
what steps can ben taken to make sure the nova's start every cold day ?

MattyWoo
08-10-03, 08:18 PM
Just in case people have forgotten, there is a topic from last winter about cars not starting etc.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65791

Cheers
Matt

Chris LR
08-10-03, 09:01 PM
I wiped ice off my windscreen on monday morning, it's a nice change to have a car that warms up quickly - and one that has heated mirrors.

I still end up hitting the radio when I go to turn the heater on tho..

As said - take it easy I managed to spin the saxo's wheels, so the roads are getting worse. If your Local council is like mine they'll spread their entire allocation of grit in the next week or so.

Be Safe

mikeoxford
08-10-03, 09:38 PM
someone must know - just how many shopping days is there to christmas?

*waits for wisewood*

he usually fills us in with useful comments like that :lol: :wink:

jkhilton
09-10-03, 11:45 AM
I finished work the other morning at 7am and there was ice on my windscreen!! it was the last thing I wanted to deal with after my shift, especially as I didn't have any de-icer!! doh!

wisewood
09-10-03, 11:54 AM
Mike, its 65 shopping days till christmas - not including today, and not including the sundays :D

Winter is a bit of an arse but i kinda like it really. Shall be taking care withthe driving though as i dont wanna write the clio off.

Avon
09-10-03, 11:56 AM
time to get the old nova saloon out with her 17's to do some ice skating she is a 2 door so i prefer to call her a coupe. she does me proud and like to be crashed and abused

locky
09-10-03, 04:57 PM
We havnt had a goooood downpour either, when the rain sets in, its gonna b slippery!

Mark
09-10-03, 05:01 PM
We havnt had a goooood downpour either, when the rain sets in, its gonna b slippery!

Ye Ha!!!!! Fun time....

DEE'S NOVA
10-10-03, 12:32 PM
waxoyl what is that exactly do you do it ur self or do you take it to a garage and whats the cost :roll:

Will
10-10-03, 12:54 PM
waxoil is a spray or tub of rusty preventor etc, u can buy it from halfords or similar, it will seal in the rust which can be good and bad.

automotive grease is a cheaper option and is prob more effective, i have tested this theory and it works well.

on my sting i greased the inside of the driver door totally and didnt do the passenger, after winter needless to say the driver was mint and the passegner was starting to rot badly!!

use it, underbody seal inside the arches and underneath, thanks for reminding me ade, i think i will do this on my week off late october :D

wisewood
10-10-03, 01:01 PM
on my sting i greased the inside of the driver

handy hint!!
good idea that, never thought of doing that before lol.

Philsutton
10-10-03, 03:24 PM
yeah im being careful this year as ive fitted a rev limiter, means i wont pop the engine when the wheels spin like last time

Aragorn
10-10-03, 09:10 PM
what steps can ben taken to make sure the nova's start every cold day ?

get an injection model like me :)

Nova-Flair
10-10-03, 09:40 PM
i had such a laff in the snow last yr with me nova. tried to go all colin McRae in my estate turning into my m8's street assisted by the handbrake.......needless to say im not colin McRae and i spun the car lol (was a quiet street, no cars about etc so really it was a controlled environment)

dont think i'll be doing the same this yr tho cos knowing my luck i'll stack the corsa into a lamp post :lol: then be stuck with the car payments but no car!