PDA

View Full Version : GSi engines

wisewood
08-10-03, 02:02 PM
I am aware there are differences between the engines pre 1993 and the 1993 engines.

does anyone know what the differences are, and which is better?

Will
08-10-03, 02:06 PM
late 1992 and 1993 engines use the same injection style system as the sri, its a more modern design using a dispak instead of the old still dizzy and coil........ these engines were also fitted with catalytic convertors as well..............

the late engines are better imo

theres other differences like the older engines use an ATF where as the newer ones use sum other thing allthough im not sure abt that, aragorn and others will know.

the later engine is better, remove the cat for a few moe horses ;)

wisewood
08-10-03, 02:10 PM
i aint too clever when it comes to engines - so i was quite surprised when i looked at it and noticed a lack of dizzy n coil. most confusing lol.

Will
08-10-03, 02:29 PM
where the rotar arm used to be to adjust time there is just a dispak there instead, did the red one u went to look at have this type of engine then?

wot reg was it

j or k?

will

wisewood
08-10-03, 02:40 PM
No mate it was a H reg and had the older engine as would be expected.

However the Silver GSi we now own is a K reg :D :D :D

Will
08-10-03, 03:07 PM
:D

kept that one hush hush

how much wot miles wot mot, wot mods, etc etc blah blah blah

wot needs tidying up wot aer ur mrs plans are u insured on it? :D :P

wisewood
08-10-03, 03:16 PM
lmfao - she went and got it on monday.

it's not bad ata ll actually - a few bits need attention but nothing much at all.

its all hush hush at the moemnt as she doesnt want anything said on here (i've had my orders) about it till its how she wants it to look (ish) after the weekend.

It has single wiper, half silver leather interior, mint condition interior, digi dash, alloys (which i am having as she has her own brand new ones) and she is getting er new gmax kit fitted along with a new induction kit this weekend.

All in all its quite a nice little motor for her to plod to and from work in :lol:
she loves it.

She followed me from my mums last night and shot past me on a dual carriageway so at the lights down the road i pulled laong side her and having given me a head start in the clio she tok great peasure in mullering me down the 1/2 mile run to the next lights :lol: bless her.

Will
08-10-03, 03:24 PM
time to sell the clio and build a valver ;)

wisewood
08-10-03, 03:27 PM
lmfao
i would rather geta 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 and tune it so it beats hers - much more satisfying that just having a bigger engine :D The clio didnt do as bad against the gsi as i thought it would though, although i was trying VERY hard lol.

anyway, will get some pics of it asap and whack a feature up.

Will
08-10-03, 03:30 PM
1.4 T40 gen?

sell the clio now

i have been telling that muppet robisgrt18 this from the day he got one, bloody kids! ;) :lol:

(no reference to my GF to be made here thank you :P )

yes cambridge the above includes you

wisewood
08-10-03, 03:37 PM
after the winter i may consider another nova for myself but for now i need to make sure that at least one of us has a car that has a proven record when it comes to winter :lol:

had no problems at all with mine last year, and gonna get it serviced in a month or so to prepare it for the grueling time ahead lol.

i would hate to think i had to rely on a nova to get to work in winter again!! I have had a bit of a torrid time when it comes to nova's and winter lol

Will
08-10-03, 03:38 PM
my gsi will be getting me to work and back this winter :D

my sting got me abt at uni the last 2 winters

wisewood
08-10-03, 03:41 PM
alright you show off :lol:

(is it me, or is this the longest conversation we have ever had? lol)

mikeoxford
08-10-03, 10:24 PM
its nuthing compared to your 10134 post count :lol: :lol: