PDA

View Full Version : Just got a wicked buzz!!!

BigRuss
07-10-03, 10:36 PM
Wow,

I finished getting My car ready for it's next event today so decided to take it for a blast tonight, I can't take it out in the day as it attracts too much un-wanted attention.

Anyway I took it over My usual test stage (Over the top of the mountain and back) and I've got to be honest I'd forgotten how good a properly set up Nova can be. The turn-in, braking and handling is something that a lot of the more modern cars can only dream of.

I am now shaking it was that much of a rush!!!!

Mark
07-10-03, 10:38 PM
It's one hell of a feeling ain't it Russ!

Brian - how long before yours will be ready??

Stuart
07-10-03, 10:42 PM
which mountain??

is it the one thats used a lot for "night road rallies" ??

?Marty?
07-10-03, 10:45 PM
everest? mount fuji?

BigRuss
07-10-03, 10:50 PM
No.

I live in the Garw valley (Where?) and it's the mountain road to the Ogmore valley (Where?). It's called the "S" bends, it is awesome lots of hairpins and fast 90's etc. In the night You can see that nobody is coming the other way for a fair distance. Lots of left foot braking and in some bits You can hit about 90 -95 mph.

Doesn't sound a lot but If you knew the road You wouldn't believe it possible!

I am still shaking

?Marty?
07-10-03, 10:53 PM
cool

never been to wales. The Lake District is good for stuff like that too. Though i havent been there either. Not on a car anyway. On a 40 mile mountainbike ride. lol

Novas do handle great when set up properly. Like go-karts almost.

Ben
07-10-03, 11:09 PM
I know that road quite well.

Was fun in a 7.5 tonne lorry let alone a Nova :lol:

brian
07-10-03, 11:13 PM
corsanova only just getting at it now so still only still for january.
happy days :D

Mark
07-10-03, 11:21 PM
Good, good, January is not too far...Don't forget the pics...while your doing her up!

BigRuss
07-10-03, 11:23 PM
I am calm now!!!!

My next event is Peter Lloyd rallying stages at Pembrey near Llanelli on Sunday 19th October. It is a spectator rally with central service in the pits at the circuit. Corsanova is also doing the event along with another 8 Nova's (10 in total!!).

Peter Lloyd will probably win it in his Subaru Impreza WRC, don't think I or Corsanova will beat him!!!!!

1st car starts at 09:30 and it should all be over by about 17:30. Don't know how much it is to get in but can't see it being any more that 3-4 Quid each. Any body that is considering coming along bring wet weather gear, it allways rains whenever I go there.

Stuart
07-10-03, 11:27 PM
oooooooooooooooooooh im gonna have to try to get down for that weekend :) the gf wont be happy, but hey she can watch the sodding footie lol

Mark
07-10-03, 11:31 PM
Lol -CorsaNova Rally car will be trying for last place again.lol (Quaife box going in this weekend)

This will actually be my first time rallying at Pembrey, Missed it last year, have been as a spectator 3 times, it has always rained..lol - It's been Free entry each time I have been....

A very good rally to spectate at with an indoor section that you can still see the rally from..

BigRuss
07-10-03, 11:39 PM
Which box is it mate, F10-13? What diff and do You know the crown wheel and pinion ratio?

BigRuss
07-10-03, 11:41 PM
The indoor section Corsanova speaks of also happens to be a BAR stand. :lol:

Mark
07-10-03, 11:43 PM
It's a F13 case will Quaife SCCR gears - can't remember CWP ration and a quiafe LSD Whole lot cost ?1500 plus the bulid...

BigRuss
08-10-03, 12:18 AM
At the least it should be on a 4.1 cwp but a 4.5 would be better. Don't forget You have to use LSD oil in this box, not normal oil or even Synthetic gear oil. I use Castrol B373 oil, it is ?6:00p a litre and an empty box needs 1.8 litres (3 pints).

locky
08-10-03, 04:53 PM
Something on my doorstep (well not quite lol) im sure i can pull finger out and get there!

Mark
08-10-03, 04:58 PM
Yes, make sure you come and say hello Gaz!!

CWP is 4.53 and we have proper oil...Nearly didn't as Craig picked up the wrong bottle when we about to fill it... :o :lol: