PDA

View Full Version : Judgement day is tomorrow...

Breeny
07-10-03, 06:06 PM
Will the avoN ever see the road again??

Lay ya bets now...

The assessors are coming tomorrow to inspect it.. Finally after nearly 3 months :roll:

Dunno whether to be happy or sad :?

elsey197
07-10-03, 06:10 PM
what was/is up with it mate?

wisewood
07-10-03, 06:12 PM
i reckon it'll be alright - but then i dont know what is/was wrong with it either.

Breeny
07-10-03, 06:18 PM
Some silly bint reversed into it in a minibus.

I'm guessing ?1500 ish work.

Ben
07-10-03, 06:20 PM
Hope you have an agreed value policy :!:

wisewood
07-10-03, 06:30 PM
Some silly bint reversed into it in a minibus.

I'm guessing ?1500 ish work.

fcuking hell breeny!!!
1500 quid?

what hidden damage was there?
coz it didnt look that bad in that pic you posted!

Breeny
07-10-03, 06:34 PM
Its not that bad damage but I want a new rear 1/4, don't want it being bodged with filler etc. Then a respray on top of that cos the paint won't match properly.

wisewood
07-10-03, 06:47 PM
fair play to ya!!
hope it all works out mate!

Rick Draper
07-10-03, 07:26 PM
Hmm breeny, you shud get away with it but i think it cud be classed a write off, you get the payout and then you buy it back off them. DO NOT LET THEM TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU AT ANY POINT. Rick

CP
07-10-03, 07:37 PM
lol - if you have problems wiv em just take them out for a spin- whilst they are cacking their pants go " so what were you saying?" :lol:

Jim
07-10-03, 07:42 PM
lol - if you have problems wiv em just take them out for a spin- whilst they are cacking their pants go " so what were you saying?" :lol:

Thats a really good idea, excpet theres one small problem...the car isn't running at the moment :|

I've got my fingers crossed for you bud :)

Jim

yellow nova
07-10-03, 07:50 PM
ive work in a lot of body shops in my time even if they say that it will have a new quater panel they never fit them if they can get away with it and yours did not look that bad buy the pic ?you posted up :roll:

epo
07-10-03, 08:15 PM
i remember u sayin about this didnt it take u ages 2 find out who'd done it

hope its ok mate ne way

Jules
07-10-03, 09:18 PM
First I've heard of it m8, Anyone fancy posting a link to the pic for me so I can have a butchers?
Hope it goes well tomorrow and you get the result you want.
:|

mikeoxford
07-10-03, 09:19 PM
best of luck :cry: really like that car

Ben
07-10-03, 10:58 PM
Mark the panel behind so you would know if its been changed or not.

Ian
07-10-03, 10:58 PM
dreaming, not a hope of them shelling out for a full respray. they didnt damage the whole car.

?Marty?
07-10-03, 11:00 PM
yea, might struggle with that. But good luck anyway.

Dare-devil
08-10-03, 08:37 AM
Good luck m8 :wink:

Breeny
08-10-03, 09:18 AM
lol yeh...

I know its asking for a lot, but we tried to match the paint before and it came out a lot more orange.. I'm not having a whole rear 1/4 like that. (car has to be good as it was pre accident afterall)

Even if I don't get a respray then my bodyshop is gonna try for more hours to cover a little more cost. (Towards respray)

RJM25R
08-10-03, 09:24 AM
Breeny,

The way to go with this is insist on using a bodyshop of YOUR choice, not theirs.... If possible, tell the insurers that you want to pay for the damage yourself and have the settlement paid direct to you...

You may be able to cut a deal then with YOUR choice of bodyshop to do the work you want for the price you secure from the insurer. You are entitled to insist on your own bodyshop, I had a claim 3 yrs ago and had the work done at a VX main dealer (my cousin is a panelbeater there), paid for it myself on my credit card with a hefty discount and had the settlement paid to me direct about 3 weeks later.....

I know my cousin told me they get paid a higher bonus if they use less parts and repair the existing ones (but still bill the insurers for the bits)

The downside is that you don't get a courtesy car but i didn't need one....

The insurers are usually happy cos they don't pay for the courtesy car then, but it's not cast-in-stone....

If you want any more details about my own claim, email me....
I was insured with GREENLIGHT at the time (Octavian)

Rick

(rjm 25r)

Breeny
08-10-03, 09:33 AM
Rick,

Its already going to a bodyshop of my choice (He's a friend). He is gonna push for everything he can. Top bloke. Unfortunately I can't afford to fund the cost of repair myself, but apparently I'll get a decision straight away today from the insurers. I was refused a courtesy car anyway due to my points and age :(

I'm gonna give em hell to be honest .. God knows what a woman was doing driving a mini bus (let alone a car) anyway :lol:

Will
08-10-03, 09:37 AM
good luck bud, what time are the assessors coming? u having afternoon off work?

RJM25R
08-10-03, 09:38 AM
I'd sent that post while you were sending yours!!!!!!

The other thing about paying it yourself is you get a 17.5% discount right away..... Cos the bodyshop don't charge VAT on a cash/credit card deal.... But you would get the repair money +vat paid to you!!!

But at the end of the day, if it's your mate doing it, he'll know how to soft-soap the inspector anyway!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with it, cos there aren't enough minters around anymore!

I've been looking for one for myself!!

Rick

Will
08-10-03, 09:49 AM
Rick you have email :P

(sorry not meaing to hi-jack post, lol)

so1o
08-10-03, 03:28 PM
good luck mate, get everything u can, lol u know how i feel about insurance companies and women in vans :cry:

epo
08-10-03, 10:07 PM
I'm gonna give em hell to be honest .. God knows what a woman was doing driving a mini bus (let alone a car) anyway :lol:

shame she hadnt left the handbrake on then this probably wudnt have happened :lol:

mikeoxford
08-10-03, 10:10 PM
how did it go breeny?

?Marty?
09-10-03, 12:23 AM
THAT bad, eh!?

Kidding.

How many points have you got breen? I'm on 9, not far from receiving a prize.