PDA

View Full Version : let wiring experts!

dan16v
06-10-03, 10:41 PM
got 3 small probs!

i have a massive earth lead coming off my std nova loom i think with like a 90degree metal connector onit when i took it off my xe i labelled it block' but i cant think where it goes now :lol: do i just bolt it to the block?

and between the alternator and str motor i have a light blue green wire hanging any clues where it goes?

thanks for any help!

mowgli
06-10-03, 10:50 PM
isn't blue/green the oil switch wire??

the big 'earth',,, what colour is it????
I thought the only decent earth connection was the strap on the gearbox, the rest are positives.

Ste_Nova
06-10-03, 11:36 PM
inlet support bracket bolt... bolt it on then bash it to shape... should really have been fitted to engine prior to fitting..

alt = blue/white
oil = blue/yellow? & blue/green?

what kind of end on it?

dan16v
07-10-03, 04:56 PM
ste the phat brown one that ive labelled block has eg a battery terminal type connector but with a 90degree angle in it?!

ill get a pic for you! :D

dan16v
07-10-03, 05:45 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2118

rite its the top bluey one and the brown one im not sure of!
thanks! :lol:

Rick Draper
07-10-03, 07:52 PM
Big brown just needs earthing to the block Dan, i take it you have fitted a nova/Xe oil pressure switch? If not then fit one, the LET one only has one connector on a XE/nova one has 2 output on it. Rick

Dicko
07-10-03, 08:52 PM
i agree. earth lead to the black. think on my sri it went to the starter motor :-/

dan16v
07-10-03, 11:00 PM
thanks for that! :D thats my prob then im using a let oil pressure switch doh! any one got a spare! :lol: