PDA

View Full Version : clifford imobiliser wiring

mazza
06-10-03, 02:30 PM
got a clifford concept 300 other day, wired everything up and all works fine apart from the imobiliser, theres 4 wires on the clifford loom that are all black, but they still had the wires from the loom in the nova that it was taken from, so i wired it into my loom, im guessing that you cut the wire in the nova loom and connect one end to one wire on the alarm and the other end to the other wire on the alarm so it breaks the direct connection so the box can then turn it on and off right? I tried different combinations using crock clips and managed to get it so when the imob is disarmed i turn the key to start the engine and the clifford box just clicks and doesnt start the car, box just makes a single click, like its making a connection, but the car isnt starting. thats the only thing i can get it to do, i made sure the wires were correct by checking the wires on the ignition barrel. i cant take my car to a dealer to get them to sort it coz its not drivable. and there isnt a wiring diagram on cliffords site for the 300. i wired it into the loom just behind the glovebox

i COULD just leave the immobiliser for now but it would be handy to get it working!

anybody know what im doing wrong?

and also! anybody know which wires i connect to which to get the nova central locking solanoids to work with the concept 300, will i need the central locking control box from the nova or can i wire um directly into the clifford box????????????

cheers :)

Will
06-10-03, 02:36 PM
pm chris_w there is a concept 300 diagram avaliable in dutch on the web, but u can see where the colours match etc etc, as for imobilisor....... pass, im no leccy expert thats y i didnt dare do put the alarm into my gsi...........

ive been away for most the weekend mate and will get looking for that valet code for u asap!!!! i hope i can find it for ya :D

u happy with it all? will

mazza
06-10-03, 02:49 PM
yeah its all sweet apart from the imob, but it will work eventually, im surprised i managed to do it on my own! i wired it up in the dark the night i picked it up!

MattyWoo
06-10-03, 03:11 PM
im guessing that you cut the wire in the nova loom and connect one end to one wire on the alarm and the other end to the other wire on the alarm so it breaks the direct connection so the box can then turn it on and off right?

This is correct. when i disconnected it for will i left a bit of the nova loom on to make it easier when wiring it up. if it doesnt work one way possibly swap the wires over so they are connected to the opposite ends of where uve cut, if u get me.

mazza
06-10-03, 03:16 PM
yeah thats what i was trying with the crock clips, just swapping them around to see what happened, but i only managed to get it to make a clicking noise and thats it at the mo. im gonna have another play with it in a bit, just need that dutch diagram really, pm'd chris about it. sorted the cetral locking bit..

MattyWoo
06-10-03, 03:35 PM
http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/concept300hol_install.pdf

Its on page 4 i think, the image shows all the parts of the clifford wiring, its the bit in the bottom right u need for the immobilisor

mazza
06-10-03, 03:51 PM
sweet, cheers, just need to get my neighbor to read it for me :D

cheers for that