PDA

View Full Version : office almost caught fire!

wisewood
06-10-03, 12:57 PM
LMFAO

big oil radiator in my office and just heard a wierd buzzing noise, looked round and the socket wehre it's plugged in was spitting sparks out all over the place and smoking!

Someone else happened to walk in at that point and calmly walked up witha wooden broom from beside the door and switched it off titht he broom handle.

A LITTLE EXCITEMENT in an otherwise dull day!

Paul
06-10-03, 01:03 PM
:o How can dat make your day more exciing, you cud have bloody died!!!

wisewood
06-10-03, 01:06 PM
exactly!!

Now i get to say "Could have died at work today - faulty wiring on a socket nealry set the office on fire!"

as opposed to;

missus: "How was your day dear?"
me: "Well, same as always really!"

Anton
06-10-03, 01:08 PM
I had a fight with a mate the other day with brake cleaner and a blow torch. Now my jeans have holes in :|

MattyWoo
06-10-03, 01:09 PM
I had a fight with a mate the other day with brake cleaner and a blow torch. Now my jeans have holes in :|
Thats just dumb. fucking idiot :P lol

Paul
06-10-03, 01:10 PM
is brake cleaner flammable?

you could have gone up.

my mate had a petrol can on the floor of his car da uva day and petreol was all over da bottom of it, later dat day i was smoking righht above the mat where the petrol was. :o

Anton
06-10-03, 01:10 PM
i thought it was funny. Kinda like stuff on gta :lol:

Anton
06-10-03, 01:20 PM
yeah its highly flameable.

Luckily only below my knees were effected, and were out out in a quick and efficent way of me slapping myself 8)

Mark
06-10-03, 04:57 PM
Lol - good one Ant - Glad your not dead Andy......

?Marty?
07-10-03, 12:52 AM
lol

i nearly had a fire at work a week ago too. a flouresent light malfunctioned (the starter motor in it shorted out and set on fire! the light fitting started burning from the inside out, and the place STUNK of molten plastic).

fireman marty sorted it out.

Mark
07-10-03, 06:50 AM
lol - Good one Marty!