PDA

View Full Version : biggest pistons possiblein E16SE?

novashed
05-10-03, 09:17 PM
who knows what is the biggest piston size i can go up to in the above engine, standard in it at the mo are 78.95mm diameter, it could do with a rebore, might aswell get some more cc aswell

mikeoxford
05-10-03, 09:52 PM
well there maybe more

but when i had mine redone he gave me 2 options......

overbore by .5 mm (which is a standartd rebore)

or if an engine has previously been bored......

overbore by 1mm (2 rebores worth if u like)

i *THINK* thats all thats available as a "standard" if u like...... youd have to spend ample cash for custom pistons id imagine. but i dont know. thats the two options i was given.....

mike

novashed
05-10-03, 09:55 PM
what did u go for, how much if u dont me asking :)

mikeoxford
06-10-03, 07:22 PM
i went for the 1mm overbore.

ill dig the receipt out if your intrested.

whereabouts are you? guy that did my work is very competitive and VERY knwoledgeable. his name is mike. give him a call - http://www.ferriday.co.uk - tell him my name and also stu has been to him with work - he will know who we are

novashed
06-10-03, 11:49 PM
did u have new pistons and rings etc, i am interested in the price, there is a local firm who have relocated down the road to me, they seem to have a good rep, just want something to compare prices with

mikeoxford
07-10-03, 10:58 AM
he did:

:arrow: rebore,
:arrow: platten rehone - or something like that,
:arrow: supplied new pistons,
:arrow: new conrods,
:arrow: fitted pistons to the conrods,
:arrow: new rings,
:arrow: new main bearings,
:arrow: new little end bearings,
:arrow: acid dipped the block and wire brushed to remove all cr@p ready for me to paint up
:arrow: skim and resurface top of block

?250

novashed
07-10-03, 12:12 PM
thats not bad at all!!, got a deal there mate

mikeoxford
07-10-03, 12:13 PM
hes a really helpful bloke n all. watched him do some of the work, and also he regulary foned me to keep me updated.