PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Turbo Diesel tuning

un1eash
05-10-03, 07:01 PM
Hullo,
I have a 1.5 TD Nova and want to know wot i can do to increase the performance without spending a great deal. I already have a full exhaust system and a ractive induction kit fitted. Wot else can i do........??

PS. Can u fit a dump valve?!? Everyone seems to tell me sumthing different.

Thanx, Chris

Aragorn
05-10-03, 08:54 PM
u can adjust the boost levels on the turbo relativly easily by fitting a bleed valve to a pipe on the turbo

boost valve u cant do directly since the diesel engine doesnt have any vacuum like the petrol varients do

u can do it using the brake servo vacuum feed and a microswitch on the throttle pedal and a special dump valve

where have u fitted the induction kit, the best way is to bypass the entire original diesel airfilter system and fit the induction kit directly to the intake to the turbo

dicko has a few pics of this and im sure he'll post em up when he see's this post :lol:

ydg27
07-10-03, 12:33 PM
twin piston dump valve
2 microswitches (one on full throttle and one at min throttle)
one air valve solenoid in the brake servo pipe with a vacuum feed off it straight to the dumpvalve

solenoid operates when max throttle microswitch is released and the air valve opens and lets vacuum to the dump valve, or if on half throttle when back off min throttle microswitch activates and opens airvalve and vacuum gets to the dump valve - simple once you have got your head around it. :multi: