PDA

View Full Version : loads of probs

srs1
05-10-03, 04:59 PM
here's a list of things my car has that are just wierd.
when the car is cold, it revs up and down on its own to 4000 ????
when it gets hot it stalls.
(i have a piper cross air filter on it)

the accelerator pedal sticks on the odd accation on flat out. makes it interesting to drive. (i have changed cable, taken pedals off and re-greased all moving parts and i've replaced the throttle return spring).

i've got a fse boast valve to put on, so how easy is it?

any help would be appreciated. thanks :P

geordie_racer
05-10-03, 07:00 PM
your problems sound like a stickin icv valve i take it it's an injection engine? if so ull need to clean the icv as they quite often cause problems. stalling while hot mayb down to the filter sucking in hot air. what car is it and what engine?

chris

srs1
05-10-03, 08:39 PM
sorry, missed the most important bit off.
it's a 1.6i gte on a f plate.
cheers

dave.gsi
05-10-03, 10:42 PM
mine had the sticking bit. gets right on your tits doesn't it. never did find out what was wrong with it

Mark
05-10-03, 11:28 PM
Air leak

geordie_racer
06-10-03, 12:49 PM
as its a gte id still put my money on a sticking icv as there always causin problems give it a good spray with carb cleaner or take it out and take it apart and clean it that way. sorry don't know what could be causing the accelerator, u checked to see if it catching anywhere in the engine bay?

chris

bad_boy_nova
06-10-03, 01:09 PM
Do nova gte engines even have an idle control valve? Im sure they dont.

Dicko
06-10-03, 01:23 PM
nope they dont!!!

so probs an air leak, or the coasting air valve conections r gone

srs1
06-10-03, 06:40 PM
cheers all for your input. i'll have a butchers at it when it aint raining.
i have checked to see if something is sticking. i did notice that the throttle return spring was connected wrong and relocated it to it's proper position. but it still sticks.
Fse boost valve.....any pointers on this, where to locate it etc

m4tty
06-10-03, 07:51 PM
there a 10mm bolt on the right side of the head next to the inlet manifold bend your bracket and position it there easy to fit follow instructions awkward to get the star drive screws undone apart from that easy take you half an hour

geordie_racer
07-10-03, 12:45 AM
sorry ur right there isnt an icv on a gte lump (been playin with 2 many engines so easily forget wots on which :oops: ) so yes it will most probably b an air leak so check all the pipes connections are secure and there's no obvious splits or anything that looks wrong

chris