PDA

View Full Version : Respray Costs

Anton
05-10-03, 02:31 PM
Roughly how much have people paid for a full colour change respray? i.e including engine bay

wrigleys
05-10-03, 02:47 PM
anything from ?500+ est

pickle
05-10-03, 03:52 PM
there are a few ways to make it cheaper yourself. dont get inside your car resprayed, but it may look shite if its a totally diffo colour. and two, take all the windows and interier out yourslf and put back in yourself. should get a good job for about ?800, bout ?1000 for a flip job. Make sure the sprayers are good though, have a look at there previous work.

blingmachine
05-10-03, 05:48 PM
mine cost 900 in ferrari red but that included sorting my kit aswell.
I would say 700+ depending on what type of paint u want as flips can cost upward of 250 per litre :o

Paul
05-10-03, 11:25 PM
Your not to far from me, Southend. I got mine done in Upminster by Garry Lee Panelcraft, I paid ?600 for mine inc. smoothing in skirts, refitting front bumper and some work done on back bumper.

To put it bluntly it cum out the tits.

www.garryleepanelcraft.co.uk

If u spk 2 em tell em da kid wiv da scooby blue nova recommended you and im sure he will prob knock a bit off...

Anton
05-10-03, 11:39 PM
Cheers mate :D

?Marty?
06-10-03, 02:34 AM
All those quotes are WAY too cheap for a FULL colour change respray! And i mean inside, outside, engine bay..... The prices above are more for OUTSIDE ONLY colour change.

For a 'drop your car off and pick it up' job (no mates rates or 'foreigners' deals), you are looking at ?700+ for outside only colour change, and ?1500+ for EVERYTHING changed in colour.

Paul
06-10-03, 01:00 PM
mine was ?600 for outside and inside and i removed and refitted interior. They smoothed in skirts, refitting front bumper and did some work on the back bumper. Removed glass dem selves, and dey bought paint and primer and finishewd sanding down car, i did main bulk.

If you grab 3 electric sanders and five mates, one full days work 9 am to 8pm and ur car will be ready for respray. get dem to bay and inside. and fidlly cornewrs on outside jus sand down main body yourself.

My guess would be ?800 for engine bay too, say similar job to the blue nova you had in a while back but with engine bay done if you prep yourself they will prob quote my guess not too much over 900...

jj9
06-10-03, 01:17 PM
mines being re-sprayed by a dude in the RAF full re-spray in standard red is costing me ?475 plus ?150 to lob the shoddy body kit back on.
thats cos hes a mate, if ya want his number giz a shout.

geordie_racer
06-10-03, 02:03 PM
what marty is saying is right to drop of a car with no work done to it yourself ie sanding removing kit whatever for a full color change inside and out incl. engine bay your not gona c much change of ?1000 yeah mates rates are all good but what happens if something isnt quite right? even the best paint sprayers get it wrong as spraying is a very delicate job. and as for preping yourself yeah it does sound like a good idea but in a way your giving the garage a chance to rush the job and when your not happy them saying it was down to the fact they didnt do the prep and theres far to many over priced sprayers out there who will do it to you. best place to ask about paint sprayers is at paint supply shops

chris

DUNOVA.
06-10-03, 04:05 PM
Go to A+K Body repair and se woblair

?Marty?
07-10-03, 01:02 AM
Preparation is what makes the paintjob good or bad.

Tho you can get stuff done cheaper and just as good quality, you just have to know who/where to ask. That's why recommendations are so important.

But no matter who it is, if someone is good, they will have a lot of demand for their work, and the higher the demand the higher their prices will get. Since there's no point charging ?500, when you can charge ?1k for exactly the same work.