PDA

View Full Version : nova for sale up here maybe

Dave_Hay
05-10-03, 12:12 AM
mark ds old one - hes posted on local website that he is thinking of selling it so i thought id post a link and wonder what all you nova boys think its worth (cue ste agreeing with me i hope lol)

heres link .......

http://www.aberdeenbeach.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10366

(sorry for link to another site kev)

ill pas on this link to the lad who owns the car to see what he makes of it as it may help him out more!

thanks for any replies

Fester
05-10-03, 12:27 AM
youre probably being a bit harsh the lad would probably get ?1700-?2000 with not much difficulty, the only problem being the net is full of timewasters

Phil_G
05-10-03, 01:14 AM
lol...

glad to see your opinions are still well received then dave...

do agree tho - will probs make more cash by breaking the car than selling as whole unit

Phil

?Marty?
05-10-03, 02:05 AM
NO. More cash selling as a whole.

There are a lot of timewasters about, and there will be people offering him next to nothing for it and saying that's all it's worth, BUT there will be people who will want it and be prepared a lot more for it. People who really like it, and want a nova and intent on doing very similar, if not the same mods, as it'd cost less than to start from scratch and build it themselves.

Fuck knows what my car's worth, but i paid ?2k for it two years ago (and there were EXACTLY the same - standard (as was mine back then) - SR's being sold for up to ?3k round here and i sold a knackered/rusty to fuck C-Reg 1.2 Merit for a grand, and there people queing up to buy it!). So cant really put a price on it. Best thing is to start off asking as much as he thinks might be reasonable to someone who'd want that exact same car - add cost to BUILD (not cost to repair tho) and half it. Try to sell for that. You can allways lower it gradually till it's sold. Stupid to start off too low, as you might get a bigger response and wonder if you could have got more for it after it's gone.

And if you price it 'too cheap', people will immediately assume something is wrong with it.

Also, i have just received several offers of ?3,000 (and one of ?3,500) for mine, whilst i know a lot of people would probably laugh and say ''for an H-Reg Nova!?'' if i advertised it for ?2k.

hotdogs_r_us
05-10-03, 09:00 AM
i say its worth about ?2.2k max TBH no smooth boot when ppl see that i swear its good selling point for a nova looks no nice.
TBH i dont think the alloys doy it any Justice hes got a jap style bumper Looking mean but smooth alloys?
But nice car none the less.

Dare-devil
05-10-03, 09:01 AM
Sweet Nova... 8)

srs1
05-10-03, 04:48 PM
i think it'll prob get the 2k for it. remember the main selling points for it are really, the bumper,skirts, single wiper and the 40's. as for the rest they are more personall touches or plain maintanence jobs. the mileage will prob help.

It does look a fine car thou. but it's a 1.4 at the end of it.

Paul
05-10-03, 10:45 PM
a 1.4 picnic table at that. :lol: