PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Electrical Fault ?

f3ieky
04-10-03, 11:55 PM
Hi, I've got a nova 1.5 turbo diesel and the fuse which controls the wipers keeps blowing. ive tried bigger fuses and had a quick look at the wiring loom when i stripped the dash out to paint it but couldn't see anything wrong. i cant figure it out and its pissing me off.
I think the fuse controls the rev counter and interior lights aswell cos those dont work either.

if anyone can help then it would be greatly appreiceated

Thanks

Cheeze
05-10-03, 01:17 AM
had the same problem as that, what it is inside the wiper motor there is a switch, thats prob worn and it keeps blowning fuses, might have to get new wiper motor

Chris LR
05-10-03, 09:25 AM
Two words for you to think about

Short Circuit.....

Check all wiring and it's condition

f3ieky
05-10-03, 10:56 AM
yeah ive checked as much as i can for a short circuit but haven't found anything. thanks for cheeze for your help i'll go check it now

cheers

epo
05-10-03, 11:55 AM
as said above id agree short circuit

i wudnt upgrade the fuses tho as the fuse is rated for that cable if u put a fuse in bigger than the cable ratin ull melt the cable before the fuse ever blows
does the fuse only ever blow when u turn the wipers on or as soon as u start the car :?:

f3ieky
06-10-03, 01:31 PM
yeah cheeze it is the wiper motor.
do you know how much one is new and where i can get one cos one from the scrappy could be fucked too.
i disconnected the plug from the motor, put a neww fuse in and then everything else was fine.

thanks for the info

Will
06-10-03, 01:39 PM
sorry i cant be of help, but dicko and cambridge are the ppl to ask here for sure :lol:

mikeoxford
06-10-03, 07:06 PM
sorry i cant be of help, but dicko and cambridge are the ppl to ask here for sure :lol:

you have had experience in this field also!!!!! :lol: :wink:

geordie_racer
07-10-03, 12:57 AM
get 1 from a scrap yard just test it before you buy it. all you have to do is ask the scrap yard owner for a working battery then run 2 pieces of wire from it to the motor if it makes a noise its fine, if not onto the next nova

chris