PDA

View Full Version : A trend ive noticed

Stuart
03-10-03, 07:50 PM
Right

Over the past few months ive noticed that there are some people on here that seem to have Munchausens (spelling?) by proxy (of car) disease.

in laymens terms people are hearing a funny noise or getting odd performace and then immediately fault find in such a way that convinces themselves something is wrong. I shant name, names but im sure some of you can work out a few lol

I just thought I'd point it out as an observation

anyone else thought about this? lol

pickle
03-10-03, 08:17 PM
i think its good that people write anything they think is wrong on here,because many nova owners get the same problems( sounds, ) even if they are not problems. its helps people learn about there cars and when they hear that noise again they wont worry.If u hate it dont reply, but most people are too happy tohelp because they like novas and enjoy sharing there expriences about there cars. chill

Chris LR
03-10-03, 08:18 PM
I can say I've noticed it a litte, but I don't visit Technical regularly.

All I can say is this...

Cars are Machines with many moving parts, they are affected by different road surfaces, temperatures and weather conditions. They are almost living things, the breath air, they drink fuel and they give off nasty Gasses. As Humans we make funny noises and feel a bit off some days too.

You Car has rights too, if it wants to make a noise or be a bit slow let it! Don't start poking it or Taking it apart....

Lins
03-10-03, 11:56 PM
Very nicely put mate!

At the end of the day if I had a baby and it started, lets say breathing differently or something I'd want it checked out! U never know, it may be the start of something serious (on baby terms) or very expensive (on nova terms!). Pmsl, I think its time I laid down and sober'd up!

peester
04-10-03, 12:14 AM
when you dont know much about cars it can be annoying because all you really want more than anything is to know about cars. if u get me drift. and thats a horrible feeling. you can't even start to diagnose.

the more you know about cars the less likely you are to worry about little noises etc. thats the trend maybe.?

locky
04-10-03, 07:43 AM
Y is it that when i drive on a concrete road it sounds like i got a flat tyre? have all my bearings gone????? :lol:
i agree with cambridge! I know alot of people don't know alot about cars e.t.c, including myself, thats y wer on novaload! But 2 hear a different noise or something every day is asking 4 trouble and making more un necessary work 4 yourselves!
Remember that the nova is now at LEAST 10 yrs old, and thats the minority!!!!! alot will be 11, 12, or even more!!!!!
My 2p worth,
Thanx 4 reading!
Locky!

Ben
04-10-03, 09:30 AM
I have noticed this and a case of people repaeting questions when there is a thread explaining the very same thing one topic below.

To easy to have a brief scan of the FAQ's.

ade
04-10-03, 10:03 AM
maybe we should set up a "weird noise" forum!

:lol:

might be able to narrow it down a bit.

But then peeps would just post in the styling forim "my rear lights singing at me" - in styling coz its a light!

:roll: :D

I agree with all above - when I first got my car I was well paranoid about the slightest change in noise - posted a few times too. Thing is peeps post with very general stuf - not specific.

The best post I ever say was about a bearing humming and we were trying to describe the sound and someone posted that the bearing going sounds like "a light sabre on full tilt!"

Hit the nail right on the head!

:D

Mark
04-10-03, 10:24 AM
Weird noise forum ..lol .. good one..

I keep hearing this loud irritating whineing noise every time I talk, any ideas??

pickle
04-10-03, 12:31 PM
if it wer'nt for people putting noise questions on nova load, then the people that come on everyday would be bored because there wont be many quetions to look at and answer.and people would stop comming on.with boredom

epo
04-10-03, 12:54 PM

I keep hearing this loud irritating whineing noise every time I talk, any ideas??

sounds like it cud be my missus :lol:

i hear fuck all noises on my car due 2 the fact ive always got me stereo on
i just wait 4 me dad 2 say this is wrong thats wrong didnt u hear it :lol:
"er no dad sorry"
"fix it 4 us will ya"

Mark
04-10-03, 01:36 PM

sounds like it cud be my missus :lol:

i hear fcuk all noises on my car due 2 the fact ive always got me stereo on
i just wait 4 me dad 2 say this is wrong thats wrong didnt u hear it :lol:
"er no dad sorry"
"fix it 4 us will ya"

lolololol

Alex
04-10-03, 06:50 PM
I must admit for the people who are just starting to play with cars a wierd noise could be worrying, but just have a poke and find out. you are far more likely to discover what is wrong yourself as you have the car there. Someone 300 miles away communicating via a forum usually wont be able to diagnose problem. They cant even hear the sound.

(i remember ages ago someone described the sound as a light sabre at full tilt. fucking funny :lol: whaaoooom)

Chris LR
04-10-03, 07:47 PM
light sabre at full tilt

My only worth while contribution... It only sounded that bad becasue I'd put it off for about 2 months.