PDA

View Full Version : Damn Fiesta Drivers!

Chris LR
03-10-03, 02:09 PM
Mind my own business doing a steady 40 behind a Fiesta this morning, the Dozy Woman starts driving in the Gutter, flicks up loads of stones at me. One lands SMACK down on the tax disc part of the Saxo's Windscreen CRACK! :x

When I Glance back at the road she's turn off left, I'm still doing a hefty 35 and I'm never going to make the turn. There was no other turns so I couldn't go after her, and I didn't get her number.

So I've just been up to RAC and they reckon it will need a new one, it's almost a pefect split around the tax disc holder going right to the edge of the screen. They Quoted ?115 all in, which isn't bad, but it's ?115 I don't want to have to spend. I'm just about the check the Insurance Details - But it's Free Insurance from Citroen, I'm not holding out much hope. :|

If Only if was the Landy you can pick 1/2 screens up for ?5-10 :x

Dpnova
03-10-03, 02:13 PM
Unlucky about the screen, keep an eye out for her then maybe you could repay the favour

Mark
03-10-03, 05:31 PM
bugger, sorry to hear that Chris

Anton
03-10-03, 05:32 PM
make one like on the rac advert

Mark
03-10-03, 05:34 PM
Lol - bit of wood and some clingfilm wasn't it??

Anton
03-10-03, 05:35 PM
with the opening landy style window

Mark
03-10-03, 05:36 PM
Lol - Classic...

Chris LR
03-10-03, 07:42 PM
Good & Bad News

I will have to pay, but it's only ?50.

The bit I can't work out is this, a guy from Autoglass is coming 25 odd miles to fix it, yet I live about 1 mile from the Citroen dealer I brought it off?

I'm afraid my CARpentry skills arn't up to the task of making my own.

LiD0N
03-10-03, 08:05 PM
i had a stroke of bad luck this week 2..took my eyes of the road for 1 sec and hit my nearly new alesio 2 on the biggest kerb u have ever seen ,luckily got it straightened out but had to buy a new tyre costing ?60 - which obviously i wernt up for paying.. thats life eh m8 although i no it wernt your fault...

Chris LR
03-10-03, 08:10 PM
Never heard one crack before, heard plenty that sipmly skim the screen, but this one must have been pretty big.

The intial crack probably measured 10 inches, it's got slightly bigger now - probably becasue I had the wipers on a bit and heated the car.

So in it's first 6 months it's had a new Radio, Window Seal, Windscreen and a dodgy attempt at a service. Whats next?

Mark
03-10-03, 08:32 PM
Lol - Ok Chris I'll forgive you for not building your own....

What do you think of the screen damage to the rally car?? Bit difficult to see out of, but we still finished the rally 2nd in class...lol

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2068

Chris LR
03-10-03, 08:36 PM
I have driven the Landy with it's screen down, fine below 30mph, but above that it's not plesant - even on a summer day.

You should have got yourself some WW2 goggles and ripped it out, would have buggered up your aerodynamics, but would have been a laugh.

Mark
03-10-03, 08:42 PM
Lol - actually the screen got kicked out at the next service stop and we had to wear safety goggles, unfortuanately the drivers door no longer opened and the passenger window smashed aswell, trying to scream directions at 80mph with the air blowing straight through and your notes flying everywhere makes life a little difficult....LOL