PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! LOWERING GSi

Lins
03-10-03, 11:22 AM
Hi guys! Ive bought a lowered nova GSi (k reg) but prefer the shocks and springs off of my old nova SR (f reg). Does anyone know if the old ones will fit on the GSi? Desperatly need to sort this quick, thanks.

Will
03-10-03, 11:39 AM
is this cause of comfort??

yes they will fit but it obviosuly wont be lower, ur best bet wud be to fit standard gsi stuff, could always swap me if your interested ;)

will

Lins
03-10-03, 02:11 PM
My sr is lowered 35 on Pi shocks and eibach springs (I think thats right, I lowered it ages ago) but the GSi bounces all over the place so Im guessing the shocks r still standerd but the springs have been changed. Would this still b ok? Thanks for helping mate

Will
03-10-03, 02:40 PM
:lol: ask mattywoo

bouncing some ppl prefer to harsh ride shocks, it all depends on:

1. the roads you drive

2. where u want to go with the suspension (no i dont mean where u want to drive to, lmfao) i mean do u just want it to look "phat man wickid" or do u want it to handle well as well.

if 1st one do nothing

if 2nd swap it and sell the springs, i mean give them to me actually, pmsl

Lins
03-10-03, 05:05 PM
Pmsl!! I have actually got all the standerd GSi springs I think, bloke gave me a box full of spares when I bought it. I always go for a bit of both, handling and looks. But I want it not to bounce so much, people think Im flashing them plus I do like it hard.....lol! :wink:

Once Ive sorted it all out I will let u know what Ive got left if u want. Have already got a garage full of nova parts.

pickle
03-10-03, 07:32 PM
if u wonna keep it low butstop the bouncing u will need some soft shockers to handle all the bumps with minimal bounce but it will bottom outif its lowered and soft, id keep it hard and get softer seats, or springs under them........ ps that last bit was a joke!....

Jules
03-10-03, 08:58 PM
Pmsl!! I have actually got all the standerd GSi springs I think, bloke gave me a box full of spares when I bought it. I always go for a bit of both, handling and looks. But I want it not to bounce so much, people think Im flashing them plus I do like it hard.....lol! :wink:

Once Ive sorted it all out I will let u know what Ive got left if u want. Have already got a garage full of nova parts.

Sounds like you have standard springs cut down on standard shocks if it bounces that much, or the shocks are just knackered from bottoming out too many times.

Lins
03-10-03, 11:45 PM
God knows whats going on with it, but I think my sr suspensions gonna go on it, Atleast I know how it rides and handles that way! Cheers guys for your help :D