PDA

View Full Version : Spot the difference for Mike Oxford

Rick Draper
02-10-03, 08:14 PM
Before trax you were selling custom header tanks that were exactly the same as bailey ones but stainless steel. You even posted these pics of them:-

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=2054

Thats the bailey one

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=2055

Thats apparently your one. The pic is quite blatently a pic of a Bailey header tank thats in Nick Caros nova with the bailey lettering photo-shopped out.

Here is the actuall header tank you supplyed people with and lets be honest here its fuckall like you advertised is it.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=2053

Is there any supprise you have a room full of them from when people never paid you in full for them. Rick

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 08:21 PM
:lol: :roll:

the advert was supposed to read as bailey style header tanks and they look similar to this? which i thought it did..............?

and ive got one left and its slim jims who aint picked it up yet........? so i aint got a room full...........

and if you want to be picky - it was brett warbuttons car :lol:

no need to be rude mate

i havent heard no complaints?

dan16v
02-10-03, 08:22 PM
where have i seen that white car before?

i think the headers are ok, the only gripe being that the flow and return pipes are slightly mis placed? supply is too near wash tank and return is too much of a stretch for a std nova hose!, maybe they are different so not to get sued by bailey?!
all in all not bad and weld bead its neat and tidy!
dan

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 08:25 PM
well the first one was made in situ on my car, so i know they fit.

(mine at least?)

if i had been told of problems i would have duly sorted them out :D

anyway. lets all chill it down a bit :? dont see what the fuss was for?

Tilly
02-10-03, 08:25 PM
Thay looked alright to me

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 08:38 PM
hrrrrrm. if dan had put a black cap or similar on. would it have looked all that difrent from the bailey tank? he used the yellow cap i didnt give it him. i got a chrome stainless metal cap on mine.........

Jim
02-10-03, 08:45 PM
All I know is that Mike was offering an oil catch tank and a haeader tank for around the same price as a Bailey header tank. I wasn't prepared to pay the stupid amount for a Bailey Header tank. I've yet to collect the goods, but like Mike said, I've not heard any complaints other than this one.

Jim

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 08:46 PM
I've not heard any complaints other than this one.

Jim

:? dont see a complaint as such as rick hasnt bought anything ???? :?

Dicko
02-10-03, 09:36 PM
rick just likes his cutlery polished ;)

he's spent too much time driving that MX5 i reckon :twisted:

Ian
02-10-03, 09:56 PM
not a patch on bailey stuff, hence i bought a bailey header and catch tank.

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 09:59 PM
didnt say they were. its upto people to decide. at the end of the day, if you want bailey BUY bailey.

my add stated they were of the SAME DESIGN of bailey. nothing more nothing less.

if u dont like em dont buy them.

not everyone is rich enough to spend ?240 when these pair cost them only ?130

:roll: anyone else got any digs? u may as well while your all here............

Rick Draper
02-10-03, 10:00 PM
I have it from 2 novaload members that had seen them at Trax that they were not even half the quality of Bailey ones and the fact you posted pics of Bailey ones that were altered is a trading standards infringement. Tilly i see you have crawled up mikes arse and died again :roll: after all your bitching the other week. The fact you posted a picture of a photoshopped bailey tank next to one of your supposed own tanks implys that that is how your tank will look. http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79101

Have a look.

Rick

Rick Draper
02-10-03, 10:00 PM
double post. Rick

Ian
02-10-03, 10:01 PM
actually they said they would be the same quality as bailey when i queried them, and i insisted i would only buy if they were as good or better than bailey stuff.

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 10:03 PM
actually they said they would be the same quality as bailey when i queried them, and i insisted i would only buy if they were as good or better than bailey stuff.
and u never emailed me or replied once on msn - as per usual. so dont get your knickers in a twist cos u didnt pay deposit and werent bound to buy one.

why all this argument for no reason?

ther enot bailey tanks. there of the same design, end of.............

Stuart
02-10-03, 10:05 PM
Behave Ladies

Ian
02-10-03, 10:05 PM
i was just bringing some facts into the argument.