PDA

View Full Version : Corsa rear drums/hub to get an ABS signal from Nova?

Kylej
12-09-22, 10:15 AM
Hi guys,

I'm wanting to get an ABS signal from my rear wheels. I'm hoping I can do this with Cors parts, but not sure it can be done.

Are any corsa B/C/D interchangeable with standard Nova Mk2?

Thanks in advance.

Iain
12-09-22, 01:23 PM
Corsa C - it's common to use the disc conversion and are a direct fit with some small caveats (grinding off a lump and a slightly wider track)
These do have cables coming out for the ABS, I'm not sure if they play ball with what you're trying to use to read the signals.

I have documented reusing the ABS electrics from similar era cars if that's helpful: http://iainel.co.uk/vxwiki/index.php?title=ABS_Electrics

Kylej
13-09-22, 09:45 AM
Thanks Iain.

I had planned a similar setup to what's in your link.

Rather than going for a full conversion, having read more, it seems I can get rear drums with the 29 ABS teeth that are the same size as what's on the Nova. I assume these are the same as the higher spec Corsa B's. I'm struggling to find info or parts for the brake drum backing plate - I assume the ABS sensor must come through the backing plate to be in proximity to the teeth ring.

An alternative seems to be fitting a front axle outer CV joint with an ABS. I'm not actually sure what type of driveshaft/CV joint I have fitted, previous owner has done an F28 gearbox conversion so I will have to have a look and see what's fitted there.

Thanks again.

Iain
13-09-22, 11:00 AM
Not seen an ABS rear drum but that sounds a neat solution and less prone to wheelspin misreadings.

Should be choice of both big and small block CVs to suit ABS rings - I'm sure some refurb Nova smallblock shafts I got once had ABS rings.

I would hope F28 is on big block shafts and proper hubs but you never know.

ParksOn
13-02-24, 01:33 PM
Have you considered checking if Nova small block shafts or refurbishing Nova small block shafts might provide the ABS rings you're looking for in your rear drum setup?