PDA

View Full Version : E16se bogging down / spluttering

rich a
14-03-22, 07:48 AM
Hi guys I had the engine rebuilt an it starts an runs. However when I drive it if I change gear / slow for a junction, then push the accelerator to go again it bogs down bordering on stalling. Admittedly it?s worse when cold but still does it when warm ( not as much ). I put a new fuel pump on it it?s an APS one from eBay listed for Gsi. Could it be the pump it?s man enough ? Not sure it?s related but it always started first time on the key, now it?s always second time. It?s like it hasn?t got enough fuel to start first time. S as my ideas fellas

torquey
14-03-22, 02:47 PM
Checked the fuel filter? Also vac pipes ect. Afm pipe are known to split causing problems. Cts sensor can cause problems like this ! Go round checking everything!

rich a
18-03-22, 07:57 PM
I’d comfortably rule out the fuel filter an cts as they are both new. I’m pretty confident when I checked the afm pipe before I put it back together it wasn’t split. The one thing I am questioning is the fuel pump. The old genuine Bosch one was ceased so I replaced it. The new one is an aps one off eBay it states it’s a direct replacement for a Gsi but I’m questioning if it’s up to the job. Not sure if it’s a coincidence but it always used to start first turn of the key. Now first turn it cranks over an almost runs but then dies. Second turn fires up every time

torquey
18-03-22, 09:14 PM
Fuel pump relay could be on its way out. Have you got a spare. ?

rich a
22-03-22, 07:55 PM
Fuel pump relay is brand new bud. It’s a proper mystery. Would over fuelling have the same effect, making it cough an splutter ?

torquey
22-03-22, 08:14 PM
Yes. I would check the flap inside the afm they can stick causing dodgy running. Check vac pipes also is the cts sensor a genuine bosch one? The cheap chappy euro car parts ones are not worth it.

NovalutionGSi
23-03-22, 01:46 PM
Hadn't seen this Rich and not mentioned it. Lol.

Did you try my AFM when you had it and my airbox?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

bazil
28-03-22, 03:03 PM
I can’t remember if you can check the pressure in the fuel rain on these, if there’s a schrader valve on the fuel rail.

does the pump prime when you put the ignition on? It should.

torquey
28-03-22, 08:16 PM
No valve on the rail on the e16se.

bazil
28-03-22, 08:47 PM
No valve on the rail on the e16se.
Ah bugger

rich a
28-03-22, 09:57 PM
Yep the pump primes, but it won’t fire on the first turn of the key, always on the second. The only way I can describe it is like driving an old car with manual choke. You know how they sometimes wanna die at a junction ? Or when you e just changed gear an your back on the gas but the engine is just not having it