PDA

View Full Version : GSi Sunroof removal

craig green
01-10-03, 11:16 AM
2 Things. I have Nova GSi w/late type sunroof. it tilts a bit but wont slide back. I'm fed up with it squeaking at me & want to remove it. How do I remove it bearing in mind it wont slide back at all? Also I could be up for removing it totally and welding it over. Anyone know how this is done? I would like the roof to look as though it were never there. Is this, cut the roof off & replace. or weld in the aperature?

courtenaynova
01-10-03, 11:34 AM
When I removed my sunroof my my beast, I had to remove the roof lining and the windows so it all goes back together perfect. there are then loads of 10mm (I think) bolts holding it in. Unblot these, and get someone to hold it up while you do this. I then removed it via the boot. Refitting is reversal of removing :D

as far as I can remember :)

Will
01-10-03, 11:34 AM
get a non sunroof shell much much easier!!!!

unless u want a rally slag and dont care how it looks etc, lol

will

rgv_stu
01-10-03, 11:38 AM
i took mine out and then riveted a piece of aluminium over the hole

RJM25R
02-10-03, 09:11 AM
8mm bolts and it's quite heavy. when i broke min the other week i dropped the fucker on my mates head...

Oh how we laughed!!!

rgv_stu
02-10-03, 09:13 AM
i found just undo all the bolts, the thing never fell as the water pipes held it up

RJM25R
03-10-03, 09:00 AM
True, but the weight can pull the rear drainage pipes out behind the taillamps giving a nice "sloshing" noise next time it rains so you're better off removing the drainage pipes first!! :D

m4tty
03-10-03, 10:55 PM
replace it with another sun roof their all the same size i took mine out of a mk3 astra got to keep the slider though and the only difference is that there is a roof lining clip in the middle of the sun roof you have to drill and replace easy though also whiile you have it out put a electric winder in source it from scrapy cav gsi/carlton cdx etc