PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank for a redtop conversion

retroted
17-02-21, 11:51 AM
Hi all

I have a K plate 1.2 luxe that's had a redtop fitted. Do I need to replace the existing fuel tank or will it run ok with an external uprated fuel pump ? I assume mine was an SPI car

I've been advised I need a GTE or GSi fuel injected tank ?

Thanks in advance

Iain
17-02-21, 12:00 PM
K plate will have been SPI which is a great tank for the conversion. You've been badly advised on replacing it with a GTE or GSi tank (let me guess, Facebook know-it-alls). It'll have an in-tank pump that sits in a swirl pot, the SPI pump should be replaced with an MPI pump (mk3 Astra etc in-tank) or an uprated Walbro one.

retroted
17-02-21, 12:09 PM
K plate will have been SPI which is a great tank for the conversion. You've been badly advised on replacing it with a GTE or GSi tank (let me guess, Facebook know-it-alls). It'll have an in-tank pump that sits in a swirl pot, the SPI pump should be replaced with an MPI pump (mk3 Astra etc in-tank) or an uprated Walbro one.

Mega cheers it has an external pump added is it best to just use this ?:):)

total_vauxhall
17-02-21, 05:38 PM
Came to say they same as iain but hes already explained it pefectly lol

If your running it about standard the mpi internal pump will be enough

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Iain
17-02-21, 06:08 PM
Mega cheers it has an external pump added is it best to just use this ?:):)You need to dig into that further. Shouldn't have or need 2. And an external one won't work properly without some mods to bypass the internal one.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

total_vauxhall
16-04-21, 08:54 PM
Got a gte tank forsale if your intrested

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk