PDA

View Full Version : Astra GSI C20XE M2.8 Losing power/dies randomly

REDTOPPOWER
23-06-20, 11:15 PM
Hello everyone!
What can be wrong with my car if it's suddenly just losing power while driving (normally at lower speeds, it has happend many times that way what I remember), sometimes it's just losing power/dies while driving, if I hit down hard once it happens on the gaspedal and goes up to higher speeds it goes back to normal and don't stalls. I can start the engine Immediately after if I just let it die. This happens irregular which sucks.

Nova_Tek
24-06-20, 03:15 PM
Have you tired checking for fault codes? Sounds similar to a crank sensor issue I had with a Cavalier many years ago. Loss of power, worse at low revs & sudden cut out. That being said could also be a few other things.

torquey
24-06-20, 03:50 PM
Checked the afm?

REDTOPPOWER
24-06-20, 04:05 PM
I used OP-COM and i got faultcode 93 Hall Sensor Voltage low and 13 02 Sensor 1 Open circuit. Can the camshaft position sensor cause these symptoms maybe?

REDTOPPOWER
24-06-20, 04:10 PM
The car runns bad at idle to sometimes, same if I disconnect the mass airflow sensor, no improvements, I looked in op-com and at the values it should be from this site https://www.clubcalibra.net/v6calibra/motonic/v6calibra_motronic_faultcodes.htm code 73 in the list (this code did not come up in op-com) it says it should be "Normal idle value is between 0.56 and 0.86 volts DC.
This equates to 8 - 18 kg/hr air mass flow." but I have 21 kg/h and 0.96 volts, this can't be a good sign. Maybe it will get better to clean it?