PDA

View Full Version : nova's gone to velos.

benji
30-09-03, 07:36 PM
car's gone to velos to have my carbs set up, after i heard noting but praise for them on here and MIG.

any power predictions

1400, twin 40 dell'ortos, ashley 4-1 manifold + system

i get it back tommorow night.

Jim
30-09-03, 07:39 PM
When did you take it?

CP and I were up there today dropping off 2 engines.

Predicted BHP at flywheel - 115

Jim

CP
30-09-03, 07:51 PM
hmm around 70 -75hp at the wheels? depends really

Dicko
30-09-03, 07:54 PM
gah you guys should have said you were up this way i would have come to meet you or you could of popped over visit me

mikeoxford
30-09-03, 09:25 PM
gah you guys should have said you were up this way i would have come to meet you or you could of popped over visit me

im going on thurs if you fancy saying hello? and see what im upto ;)

Jim
01-10-03, 10:41 AM

I'll be sure to let you know when I'm going up to collect the engine.

Jim

benji
01-10-03, 05:35 PM
ok not happy.

the guys at velos said the carbs are knackared, they won't idle, are not a matching set, and they can't syincronise(sp?) them.

it made 64 bhp at the wheels(80bhp @ flywheel) and about 90 of what ever torque is measured in.

they told me to get my money and old carb back if i can.

they also told me to get a sri head. and then they found one they had lying around :D

i dropped the car off tuesday night 6.00 and picked it up tonight(wed) did you see it? red B reg. not the stripped one they had there.

Jim
01-10-03, 07:04 PM
i dropped the car off tuesday night 6.00 and picked it up tonight(wed) did you see it? red B reg. not the stripped one they had there.

No, we'd left by lunchtime on Tuesday.

Oh well, at least you know whats wrong and where to go from here.

Jim

CP
01-10-03, 08:22 PM
Bad luck mate :( This sort of shit does happen from time to time.

peester
01-10-03, 11:38 PM
[quote="benji"]ok not happy.

the guys at velos said the carbs are knackared, they won't idle, are not a matching set, and they can't syincronise(sp?) them.

it made 64 bhp at the wheels(80bhp @ flywheel) and about 90 of what ever torque is measured in.

quote]

80 brake on knackered carbs seems quite good. just sort the carbs out - rest seems ok. - if you want the 1.4 head do that too of course. my turn to get upset at velos is on tuesday.

Will
02-10-03, 10:20 AM
rebuilt 1.4 sr 70bhp (approx b4 u bite my head off and at the flywheel yes)

4-2-1 and zorst 3/4bhp

carbs alone with nothing else if set up and in working order 14bhp

total

MAX: 90bhp

your not far off, get your money back buy some webers and u got 90bhp, get some head work done and a nice cam you will be 110bhp nicely

with regards to more power, fit 1300 head and get it flowed possibly bigger valves, 130bhp is possible from those engines :D

good luck

will

benji
02-10-03, 05:14 PM
i have a sri head that i am going to fit. i am still trying to get my old carb and money back,

so the spec will be
32/34 weber
4-1 manifold
full system
sri head matched to a 1300 manifold (ported for carb)

and i spoke to a guy today who said he regrinds cams to any spec, i was thinking AST2 but i'm not sure how he can turn a standard cam in to a fast road one?

the guy was from autosprint in birmingham

mikeoxford
02-10-03, 08:05 PM
you see their 190 bhp street sleeping monster?

he took me out in it

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukc

change of boxers reqd

great guys.

i had a great day out today :D

benji
02-10-03, 11:51 PM
is that the red b reg??