PDA

View Full Version : F****ING RUST, ADVICE NEEDED, WILL TO BODGE GONE!

robb
30-09-03, 05:01 PM
Help!!!!

Now I know you are probably all fed up with rusty this and that but please help.

Nova failed MOT due to rust, inner wing around sus. top is gone was disguised by filler and MOT test found it. also seams around rear sus. rusty.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Reshell=NEED A SHELL, HAVE OLD SR SHELL BUT THAT FAILED ON RUST TOO (only cost ?50 with good lump)

New car and sell/use mods from it=NEED A CAR, PREF BLACK THAT IS STOCK BUT HAS BEEN PREPPED ie. no rust, good paintjob, tidy allround, DOESN'T NEED ANY BODGING,

I AM F***ING FED UP OF BODGING!!!!!!!!

I NEED A RELIABLE, TIDY LOOKING CAR THAT DOESN'T GO LIKE A SNAIL!

-1.4 Converted to a 1.6
-1.4 with tidy shell...
...and i'm gonna stop dreaming now!

Please guide me in the right direction as I have nearly given up on driving altogether, too damn expensive!

Cheers

CP
30-09-03, 08:40 PM
Try a range of garages and sort it so that for the right money they will weld and get it thru the MOT? May not be cheap but may be the easiest solution

rysmee
30-09-03, 09:59 PM
depends how much money you have to spare really, a mint shell is hard to find but is possible. have you thought about getting chassis strengthening plates from harry hockly or something? these need to be welded in place and usually cover alot of the places a nova rusts i think, so you'd have a good strong shell with minimal rust.

locky
30-09-03, 10:22 PM
Ben has some good shells! And hez close 2 u!
Try PMing him!

dave.gsi
30-09-03, 10:42 PM
i'm in pretty much the same boat.

my gsi failed on rust around the suspention turret where it has actually come away and there is now a pretty major hole. i've been told its not actually possible to repair it (which i doubt) but still my plan now is......

either buy a new gsi (plan A)

or

buy a poverty spec nova and transfer all my gsi engine etc before scrapping the old shell (plan B lol)

beatin u
02-10-03, 06:35 PM
re-bodge and go to another garage. 8)