PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP PLZZZ

wannabegsi
30-09-03, 04:16 PM
my nova is at the garage where it is ment to be havin the gte lump in he has just rang up and said he doesnt think he can do it as there is nothin for the injection system on the 1.2 loom...... can any1 help by givin me some info i can give him or anythin will do i hope some1 can help :(

i was told that u just had to add abit on but how do i explain that to him

Aragorn
30-09-03, 05:25 PM
up by the fuel pump relay there is a big plug

6 pins in there

one is ignition live (black)
one it perm live (red)
one feeds the fuel pump (red/blue(or maybe red/black) )
one provides dash temp readout (blue) so attach that to your old blue water temp sensor wire
one provides engine management light to dash (white/brown or summat) so u can attach that to yer old choke light by attaching it to the brown somthing calbe on the choke pull (the brown/somthing one not the solid brown)
one provides rev counter output to dash (green)

fuel pump one needs a 15 or 20 amp fuse inline and u'll wanna ground the pump on the chassis of the car somwhere, get the ignition live from either the ignition switch or the fuse box, perm live run direct to the battery (might wanna shove a 20-30A fuse in there too)

wannabegsi
30-09-03, 10:11 PM
thanks for the help pal ive copied it and im gonna give it him first thing in the mornin i hope it helps coz i dont wanna have to fetch the cars back.......
any other help would be great thanks lads

wannabegsi
01-10-03, 03:09 PM
has any1 got a wireing diagram or anythin else that could help ???
thanks lads

And the head gasket has gone on the corolla :( its 1 of them weeks

ade
01-10-03, 07:17 PM
check haynes - the back - reference diagrams for all models - in detail.

Pretty easy to follow once you get your head around it!

:wink:

wannabegsi
06-10-03, 10:48 PM
alr8 lads hes rang up today askin if ile fetch the cars back as he cannot do it he says he will have to change all the loom..... :(
i have given him the info that (Aragorn) gave me and he still says the same has any1 else got anymore info before i bring cars back.......
is there any1 on here that would be interested in puttin the gte engine in for me !!!!!!!!

mowgli
06-10-03, 10:59 PM
I put my lump in on a sunday afternoon and still drove to work on the monday.

all of the mechanical bits will fit, including the std driveshafts. if you reuse the main wiring bits for starter, alternator, senders etc, then the injection only needs a ignition on feed (reuse the coil wire), a sensor feed for diagnostics (hook it up to the choke, or better still reuse the gte dash), and the original red/blue wire for the fuel pump rerouting to the back of the car.

If he is sending it back, I hope you are not planning to give him any money. most of us on novaload are total amateurs who do this stuff because we love playing with novas. He is a 'fully trained automotive technician' who makes his living from this.

wannabegsi
06-10-03, 11:10 PM
ok thanks pal ile give him this info tomorow morning i hope it helps.....
he reks hes bin in the trade for 10 years its his own garage buissnes so i thought he would know......
im not payin him f all if the engine is not in......
is there any1 on here that would help or fit me the engine if he cant ?

mark_GSi
08-10-03, 09:41 PM
i dropped my GSI in a afternoon, the wiring took longer but i would be willing to help you drop it in, cant do wiring to save my life but im ok with mechinics

my nova was a 1.2 before the GSI lump

PE4
08-10-03, 10:12 PM
I am putting a 1.6i in my SR this weekend. The looms are sooooo similar, the garage man is not very switched on if he can't do it!

Use the same wires for the normal engine bits, and three extra for the injection side of things. One for the fuel pump (power) and two in the ECU. THey pretty much all match in colour anyways.

The fella you took your cars to either can't be arsed or genuinly (sp?) doesn't know :o :?

bad_boy_nova
09-10-03, 09:25 AM
Hey wannabegsi, did you not get that pm that i sent you about a week ago saying that i would come round a do it for you mate? Its a piece of p*ss!!